Registrar/Recorders

John Jones

Sep 1, 2021, 12:51:11 AM9/1/21
to AISTalk
Hello all,

It is time for John and Joanne to retire as the AIS International Registrar/Recorders for Non-Bulbous Iris.

Our AIS President, Jody Nolin, with the concurrence of the AIS Board of Directors, has appointed Janis Shackleford
As the new registrar/Recorder effective 1 Sep 2021.

John will continue for some time to be the Assistant Registrar/Recorder to help Janis through the transition.

Janis can be reached at:

P.O. Box 21827
El Cajon, CA 92021
(619)561-6323
Janis Shackelford <janis....@gmail.com>

I want to thank all the hybridizers and friends I have made and worked with over the 10 years we were Registrar/Recorders. It was fun, challenging, entertaining, and sometimes frustrating with the wide and varied issues that came up over the course of events. I am sure there are some glad to see me go for my propensity to refuse names, but hopefully they will continue to register new iris creations.

Thank you again for all your help and forbearance.

Thanks you
John Jones
Assistant Registrar
35572 Linda Dr.
Fremont, CA 94536
510-795-9723

Gary Slagle II

Sep 1, 2021, 7:34:11 AM9/1/21
to ais...@googlegroups.com
John & Joanne ,

I personally would like to thank both of you for your hard work as registrars for AIS , I understand the how difficult this job is with the multitudes of requests coming in and the time involved into each name research . You have provided AIS and the Hybridizers a great service, I’m sorry to see you go but hopefully we will still see one another at conventions or other AIS functions. Thanks again for everything you have accomplished, enjoy your retirement! Be well my friend!

Gary Slagle

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 1, 2021, at 12:51 AM, John Jones <jij...@usjoneses.com> wrote:
>
> Hello all,

Susan Driver

Sep 1, 2021, 11:08:29 AM9/1/21
to ais...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, John for all you have done. You have been, and will continue to be a valuable resource for AIS. Take care.

Susan Driver

Jill Bonino

Sep 1, 2021, 1:59:04 PM9/1/21
to ais...@googlegroups.com
John,

Are you going to keep your password of Pi?  I enjoyed working with you both. Thanks,Jill

Sent from my iPhone

John I Jones

Sep 1, 2021, 2:04:35 PM9/1/21
to ais...@googlegroups.com
I am going to change my password to only the last 8 digits of pi… Lol

howiedash

Sep 1, 2021, 4:18:55 PM9/1/21
to ais...@googlegroups.com
John,

Thank you for years of hard work and for your help to get me started registering iris.

Robert Hollingworth

Sep 1, 2021, 8:09:29 PM9/1/21
to ais...@googlegroups.com
A quick 'thanks" John for all you have done in helping myself and a large number of others with their iris registrations - and in particular in providing the annual list of R&Is for Siberians. A job well done! Bob

Bob and Judy Hollingworth

Betty Roberts

Sep 2, 2021, 12:07:40 AM9/2/21
to ais...@googlegroups.com
All good things must come to an end. Thank you, John and Joanne, for your service as AIS Registrars.
Betty Roberts

Sent from my iPad