Stuck - non functioning AQE Sensor Shield?

UKmoose

Nov 29, 2012, 10:30:46 AM11/29/12
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
I received my AQE as part of the Bristol city initiative so I have the AQE sensor interface shield1.5 plugged into to the nanoderf and a separate nanoderf & AQE Power & User Interface shield.

Following the instructions here: http://www.davidholstius.com/air-quality-egg/

I flashed the AQE sensor interface shield

avrdude -p t88 -c usbtiny -e -U eeprom:w:aqe_sensor_interface_shield.eep
avrdude -p t88 -c usbtiny -e -P usb -U flash:w:aqe_sensor_interface_shield.hex

following that the no2 sensor does get very slightly warm to the touch it was cold before. But I'm still not receiving any data.

When I run the PollEggBus example, nothing appears in the serial monitor window (baud 9600)

any ideas what to try next?

Victor Aprea

Nov 29, 2012, 11:31:52 AM11/29/12
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

Can you add a Serial.println("Hello World"); after the Serial.begin(9600); to see if you get serial output at all?

Regards,
Vic

UKmoose

Nov 29, 2012, 11:45:17 AM11/29/12
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
yep that works.get serial out for that line and then nothing else

Victor Aprea

Nov 29, 2012, 12:00:41 PM11/29/12
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

That means you are not making contact with the Shields over I2C.

Do you have the RTC mounted on the Nanode RF? It is an I2C device, so I wonder if out could be the issue.

Make sure your shields is fully mated with the  Nanode. Check continuity of the I2C signals between the boards (A4 and A5 on the Nanode).

Vic