No data from CO or NO sensors

turboisland

Jan 11, 2013, 11:14:01 AM1/11/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I seem to be getting no data from my NO or CO sensors. Looking at cosm they both stopped reporting at the same time and I see no datapoints for either anymore. But I do still get temperature & humidity.

Thus far I have:
re-flashed the shield firmware
re-loaded the nanode sketch
loaded 'poll egg bus' but no data is output over serial at all (@9600)
measured the voltages between H+ & H- (0v for both sensors)
measured the voltage between S+ & S- (co = 0v , no = 1.4)
gone around and carefully reflowed all components with a tiny soldering iron

Also I don't get any LEDs lighting up on the shield or the nanode. However when I flashed the shield yesterday they blinked away happily during the process (loading sketches onto the nanode via ftdi gives activity too).

Any ideas what could be causing the trouble?

Power fault / defective sensor(s) / something else...

Thanks

Toby

ps it's a v1.5 shield

Adam Laskowitz

Jan 11, 2013, 11:39:54 AM1/11/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like this probably happened in process of things you have tried, but since you didn't explicitly say you did this I'll still say it.
When setting up our eggs there were times when CO and NO2 would stop. If we unplugged the problem egg(s) from power AND ethernet for a bit, then plug it back in, it would start working again.

Like I said though, I'm sure this inadvertently happened during the things you have tried already.

Toby

Jan 11, 2013, 1:01:59 PM1/11/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,
unfortunately they have been powered off for 12-16 hours, so we can tick
that off the list.

Thanks

Toby

Victor Aprea

Jan 11, 2013, 1:26:09 PM1/11/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

Toby,

As this sounds like a problem with your individual Egg, I would like to invite you to forum.wickeddevice.com to see if we can help you there through some Q and A.

Kind Regards,
Vic

NeilH

Jan 12, 2013, 8:29:43 PM1/12/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
I've had a problem with COSM.com not displaying data I think I'm sending it. This has happened twice over about 4 months.
I'm counting relay closures for a different project, using an Arduino DUEx with an Arduino Shield/Wiznet5100, and I verified that it was attempting to send data. So the setup I believe is reliable.

I queried cosm.com tech support and they said

JAN 11, 2013 | 09:31AM GMT
Owen Davies replied:
Are you using a static IP address or DNS to connect to Cosm? For more information please see:

http://cosm.com/docs/v2/ip_addresses.html

I'm using standard Arduino librayies to deliver the data - and printing to the console when the functions have run. It has been running for 3 months with no apparent problems and then 2013 Jan 2 11amPST stopped recording data.
It started accepting data 2013 Jan 10 after I did some http:// requests for .csv reports on the data.
I'm using the following cosmServerIp(216,52,233,121); for data delivery
For the manual .csv request I used http://api.cosm.com/v2/feeds/<feedNum>.csv?start=2012-08-29&duration=7day