which min/max temperatures AQE 2 can sustain?

RK

Dec 9, 2015, 5:39:33 AM12/9/15
to #AirQualityEgg
Hi AQE community!

I'm planning to use AQE 2 in the area where the weather is constantly changing.

I want to know there is a recommendation of how to use this device in cold and hot weather? which min/max temperatures AQE 2 can sustain?

I hope you can help me
Thanks!

Victor Aprea

Dec 9, 2015, 9:57:24 AM12/9/15
to #AirQualityEgg
Hi Reat,

The Egg's normal operating range is -20C to +40C, with the caveat that (I'm pretty sure) the power supplies we ship with are only rated down to 0C. This data is based on individual component specifications and we haven't done much testing at "extreme" conditions (so it may continue to operate outside that normal range).

If you need / want to operate it in much 0 to -20C temperatures, you might consider insulating the power supply somehow or running a USB extension cable from the Egg to an indoor outlet.

In any case you'll want to make sure to shelter your Egg from direct precipitation (the enclosure is considered "weather resistant", but not water proof).

Kind Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

RK

Dec 9, 2015, 10:09:56 AM12/9/15
to #AirQualityEgg
Thank you for your detail answer!

I've just already ordered the Air Quality Egg.

I've got one more question:

1) I would like to know if data could be transferred not only to your servers but also to my website
2) Is it possible to transfer data to my website within certain time intervals?

Thank you in advance

Victor Aprea

Dec 9, 2015, 10:33:44 AM12/9/15
to #AirQualityEgg
Reat,

Thanks that's great! Eggs publish data to the internet using MQTT which is a Publish/Subscribe protocol. By default, they send data to OpenSensors.io MQTT broker on pre-configured topics, but can be configured differently by advanced users. OpenSensors.io also has APIs available that you can use to interface Egg data into your own website. There are a number of ways one could use these assorted capabilities to periodically ingest their Eggs' data into a third party server for downstream processing and presentation.

I'm also working on a form, for non-developers, that will let you download your Egg's data from a certain time period in CSV format (directly analogous to what Eggs produce individually in 'offline mode'). I'll post a link back here when that's ready for people to try, hopefully later today.

Kind Regards,

Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

RK

Dec 9, 2015, 12:26:03 PM12/9/15
to #AirQualityEgg
Thank you. Looking forward for your form