Aggregated Data or Sensor's Feed List

Herculano Campos

Jun 2, 2015, 5:03:10 AM6/2/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Where can I get the aggregated data of all sensors or a list of all sensor feeds, so I can use the data to visualise it?

Victor Aprea

Jun 2, 2015, 9:12:54 AM6/2/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Herculano,

That's one of the frustrations we've had with version 1. In order to get the data out of Xively, afaik, you need an API Key, at which point you can use the Xively REST API to pull the data. The version 1 eggs all publish data as username airqualityegg. The "Search Feeds API" can be used to get the current values of all data streams of all feeds created by that user. Sadly, last I checked, they had limited the creation of new developer accounts in recent history, so that may be of limited utility to you. If you need a Xively API key, I can generate one for you, just contact me off list.

For version 2 eggs, we are using MQTT and OpenSensors.io (and for the time being mirroring that data to Xively). You can create a developer account there and read over their REST APIs as well. Alternatively, you could subscribe directly (machine-to-machine) to the MQTT feeds on the topics (more will be added as new sensors are developed):

/orgs/wd/aqe/heartbeat
/orgs/wd/aqe/temperature
/orgs/wd/aqe/humidity
/orgs/wd/aqe/no2
/orgs/wd/aqe/co

We still have some transitional work to do to make the OpenSensors experience closely aligned with (and even better than) the Xively experience, but we're getting there. Hope this answers your questions!

Kind Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 5:03 AM, Herculano Campos <herk...@gmail.com> wrote:
Where can I get the aggregated data of all sensors or a list of all sensor feeds, so I can use the data to visualise it?

Herculano Campos

Jun 2, 2015, 11:56:53 AM6/2/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victor,

I think I didn't explain myself well, what I want is the data of all existing sensors, not just my sensors, but all sensors in the world, so we can, for example, create a visualisation of all sensor's data or use this data to research correlations of air pollution with other data.

Best,
Herc

Victor Aprea

Jun 2, 2015, 12:32:46 PM6/2/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

Herc,

Xively has a Historical Data API that can be used for that, but it's kind of limited and has to be invoked iteratively in chunks one Egg at a time iirc. Other people on the group might be considerably more knowledgeable about this sort of thing than I am though.

Kind Regards,
Vic

Herculano Campos

Jun 2, 2015, 1:35:55 PM6/2/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victor,

Thanks a lot for your help, it is really useful.

Are all Air Quality Eggs tagged with this tag 'AirQualityEgg'?
https://api.xively.com/v2/feeds?tag=AirQualityEgg

Could you point me to the list of all eggs in OpenSensors.io?

Best,
Herc

Victor Aprea

Jun 2, 2015, 1:46:52 PM6/2/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com, James Moulding
Herc,

No problem. I think that's true about the tag because the feeds are generated by a Xively template. FWIW, you can see how airqualityegg.com gets the eggs in these lines of code here.

Let me contact some folks at OpenSensors.io to see what I can learn. We're still in kind of early days on that front.

Kind Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

Herculano Campos

Jun 2, 2015, 1:50:08 PM6/2/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com, James Moulding
Great, thank you so much.

Herc

James Moulding

Jun 4, 2015, 12:20:05 PM6/4/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com, james.m...@opensensors.io
Hi Herculano,

James from OpenSensors here - as I understand it there are only a handful of eggs currently publishing to OpenSensors, you can view these at opensensors.io/orgs/wd - we're currently creating APIs to access org topic data in the same easy way you can access aggregated personal user topics but until then access is relegated to these APIs (https://opensensors.io/api-docs).

I hope that helps for now,

James

Herculano Campos

Jun 4, 2015, 12:30:31 PM6/4/15
to airqua...@googlegroups.com, James Moulding
Thank you, it helps.

Please, keep us posted of additions to the API.

Herc

Message has been deleted

James Moulding

Oct 21, 2015, 12:10:23 PM10/21/15
to #AirQualityEgg, james.m...@opensensors.io
Hi Herculano,

Just to keep you in the loop we've recently upgraded our website and APIs, you can check the new API out here:

https://api.opensensors.io/index.html < REST API
https://realtime.opensensors.io/index.html < Real-time firehose streaming API

James

Herculano Campos