Archived data from AQEs

alice promisel

Aug 30, 2016, 4:52:45 PM8/30/16
to #AirQualityEgg
Do AQEs archive data, If so, Is there a way to access archived data from various AQEs around the city to make comparisons over a course of a year?

Dirk Swart

Aug 30, 2016, 5:09:53 PM8/30/16
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alice,

Yes, data is archived at opensensors.io. In order to make comparisons you need to know the serial numbers of the eggs you want to look at.

Cheers
Dirk

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 4:52 PM, alice promisel <apro...@ecotarium.org> wrote:
Do AQEs archive data, If so, Is there a way to access archived data from various AQEs around the city to make comparisons over a course of a year?

Victor Aprea

Aug 30, 2016, 11:28:12 PM8/30/16
to #AirQualityEgg
Alice,

For v2 Eggs, he data is stored on OpenSensors.io can be downloaded through this tool we made, or directly using the OpenSensors APIs. Getting at data from v1 Eggs is a not so easy because it's stuck in Xively. We're looking at ways to make it easier for people to work with the data produced by Eggs, as well, as time and funding permits. Ideas for how we might do that to deliver broad value to users are always welcome here!

Kind Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 4:52 PM, alice promisel <apro...@ecotarium.org> wrote:
Do AQEs archive data, If so, Is there a way to access archived data from various AQEs around the city to make comparisons over a course of a year?

Alice Promisel

Aug 31, 2016, 8:58:18 AM8/31/16
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Dirk,

Thank you so much! you just made our day

Best,
Alice

Aug 31, 2016, 11:08:57 AM8/31/16
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hello Vic,

Thank you so much for this information. You made our day!

Best,
Alice

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "#AirQualityEgg" group.

Xanthe Matychak

Feb 10, 2017, 3:05:13 PM2/10/17
to #AirQualityEgg
On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 4:52:45 PM UTC-4, alice promisel wrote:
> Do AQEs archive data, If so, Is there a way to access archived data from various AQEs around the city to make comparisons over a course of a year?

Hi Alice

I'm developing curriculum for the Air Quality Egg team for an NSF grant. Part of our research is to find out what other educators have been doing with the egg. Would you be willing to share your project with us?

Xanthe

Alice Promisel

Feb 10, 2017, 3:28:01 PM2/10/17
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hello Xanthe

Unfortunately, we had an older version of the AQE and could not access the
data. Xively, which had been open source, was bought out and we could only
access the data if we purchesed software, so we abonadoned that exhibit
component prototype.

Best,
Alice