[REMINDER] Will you be part of the next AIROYoung board? (DEADLINE: January 15th, 2024)

Airo Young

Jan 8, 2024, 2:49:37 AMJan 8
to airo-...@googlegroups.com

Dear AIROYoungers,

As many of you already know, during the 8th AIROYoung Workshop in February 2024, there will be the election of the new AIROYoung board, which will be in charge from February 2024 to February 2027. Please note that the current board will support the new one until September 2024.

Below, you will find all the details to apply for one of the available roles.

Of course, we are biased. Still, we strongly believe it is a wonderful opportunity to be an active part of our community by providing new ideas to enrich or adjust what we have done or currently do.

We hope that AIROYoung will continue to grow in the following years, offering more and more opportunities for young researchers to network, collaborate, and get to know others as interested in Operations Research as they are.

If you have questions or doubts, do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to receiving your applications!

Best,

Alice, Giusy, Lorenzo, Michele, Serena, and Veronica

RULES ON THE ELECTION OF THE NEW AIROYOUNG BOARD

(in charge from February 2024 to February 2027)

WHEN & WHERE: at the AIROYoung Meeting during the 8th AIROYoung Workshop at the University of Calabria, February 14-16, 2024.

ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES: every member of AIROYoung, that is, anyone who is a member of AIRO and is either a Ph.D. student, a postdoc, a researcher, or a practitioner not older than 35 years old or within five years from the defense of the Ph.D. thesis.

ROLES AND NUMBER OF AVAILABLE POSITIONS:

  • Joint coordinators: 2

  • Social media managers: 2

  • Treasurer: 1

  • Webmaster: 1

HOW TO APPLY: anyone interested must fill out the following Google form https://forms.gle/bLCp2e8Z1WhAUY9o7

DEADLINE: Monday, January 15th, 2024.

ELIGIBLE VOTERS: every member of AIROYoung who either will attend the 8th AIROYoung Workshop or will give a delegation to someone else attending. In the latter case, the delegation will have to be sent in advance to airo.young.researchers@gmail.com by February 15, 2024. Every delegating person has to attach a proper PDF document with all needed details about the designed delegate individual and signed by both people.

ELECTION CRITERIA:

  1. If less than or exactly six people apply, the elections will not take place and there will be no requirements on applicants’ affiliations*. The applicants will be invited to meet each other, discuss, and decide which role each one will cover. Note that there will have to be at least one coordinator, at least one social media manager, and at least one webmaster.

    Otherwise, if more than six people apply, the elections will occur regularly by applying the rule that the six elected people should be from six different affiliations, to guarantee diversity and representation.

  1. In the case of regular elections, every eligible voter will have the opportunity to express their preference(s) about every role by indicating the names of at most six applicants.

    For each role, the position(s) will be assigned to the person (two people, for the roles of coordinators and social media managers) who gets more votes.

  1. If, for some role, there are no applicants, all not elected applicants will be sorted according to the number of votes received in nonincreasing order. In case of a tie between two or more people, these will be sorted according to their geographical position (Northern/Central/Southern Italy) and then in alphabetical order. Note that not elected applicants from the same affiliations as the elected people will be automatically put at the end of the list. Then, starting with the first non-elected person on the list, we will ask about their willingness to cover one of the missing roles.

*By “affiliation”, we mean either the department of the University or the Company where an applicant works.

--
AIROYoung
Twitter @Airoyoung