How To Cancel Southwest Flight And Get Refund

Akanksha Sen

Nov 27, 2023, 3:46:38 AM11/27/23
to Airlines Reservation

Sometimes, due to some uncertain situations, we might have to cancel our plans. We understand your problem completely, and to be honest, there is nothing to be worried about. If you want to cancel your Southwest flight reservation, then you can call Southwest Airlines customer service at +1-845-202-1146 / 1-800-435-9792, and they will help you further with the cancellation.

Southwest, also considered the low-cost airline all around the US, is really reliable, and when it comes to providing their customers with the best services, they stay caught up. From making bookings, to special requests, and cancellations, they have got it all covered for you.

Suppose you are considering traveling with Southwest Airlines anytime soon. In that case, it is advisable to be familiar with the cancellation policy so that you don't have to face any consequences in the future.

What is Southwest Airlines cancellation policy?
  • According to the cancellation policy of Southwest, you can cancel your flight bookings even up to 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of your flight.

  • In case you have booked your flight with rapid rewards and you wish to cancel your flight due to specific reasons, then your rewards will be reverted back into your loyalty account, and you can use them for future benefits.

  • You will get a full refund on all types of tickets if you manage to cancel your flight reservation within 24 hours of making the reservation.

  • If you cancel your flight after 24 hours, then some amount of money will be deducted from your account as a cancellation fee.

  • If your flight ticket is nonrefundable, then Southwest gives credit points on wanna get away and wanna get away tickets.

  • If your ticket is business or premium class, then you will not be charged any cancellation fee, and you will receive a full refund.

What is the Southwest Cancellation Policy for 24 hours?

If you are wondering what comes under the Southwest cancellation policy, let me know. According to the Southwest 24-hour cancellation policy, if any of the passengers cancel any flight reservation, whether it's refundable or nonrefundable or whether it's a no-show ticket, you will be credited a full refund if you cancel your flight booking within the 24 hours just after you have made a flight reservation.

The airline is restricted from charging you any cancellation fee, and the refund will be securely sent back to you in 10-14 working days. This is applicable to all types of fares. And the nonrefundable tickets sometimes get flight credit points, which they can use later in the future.

Can I cancel my Southwest flight?

Yes, if you want to cancel your flight reservation on Southwest, then you can easily do it without any worries. After that, you have grabbed all the necessary information about Southwest, and if you want to make a cancellation on your flight reservation, then you have come to the right place.

There are a lot of ways through which you can cancel your flight. You can do it both online and offline, and to make it easier for you, we have broken down all the ways so you can easily understand them and choose the one that is the most suitable for you.

Cancel my Southwest flight on their official website:
  • To cancel your Southwest flight online, firstly, you'll have to go to their official website

  • Now log in to your existing account

  • After that, go to "my trips."

  • Where you will be able to catch a glimpse of your flight summary

  • Now, choose the flight that you want to cancel

  • Click on it

  • If you scroll down, you will see the option to "cancel" your flight.

  • You can click on that to cancel

  • After you have withdrawn your flight, you should request a refund if your flight was refundable.

  • Proceed with the process and you will receive an email stating that your flight has been canceled.

Cancel my Southwest flight on their mobile apps:
  • To cancel your flight through their mobile app, you will have to download it through iOS or Play Store.

  • After that, you can either sign in or log in if you already have an account.

  • Now, on the dashboard, you will see an option to "my bookings."

  • Enter your surname and your reservation number.

  • Now, you will be directed to your flight

  • Now, if you scroll a bit down below, you will see an option to "change or cancel."

  • Choose cancel and click on it

  • After you click on cancel, your flight reservation will be canceled

  • And you will receive an email regarding the cancelation of your flight.

Cancel my Southwest flight via their customer service:
  • The first thing you will need to do if you want to cancel your flight via their customer service is to give a call to them at - +1-845-202-1146/1-800-435-9792.

  • After giving a call to them, you will be connected to a customer representative.

  • Now, you can address your issue and request them to cancel your flight booking.

  • They will ask for specific information regarding the flight, such as the reservation number and your surname, for canceling purposes.

  • Now, they will move forward with the process and cancel your flight.

  • A confirmation email will be sent to you on the cancellation of your flight reservation.

Cancel my southwest flight at the airport:
  • If you think that all the other ways take too much work, then you can directly cancel your flight at the airport and to do that, follow the following steps:

  • Visit the nearest airport near your place.

  • Go to the customer representative's desk.

  • The representative will assist you further.

  • You can make him a request to cancel your flight.

  • He will ask for some necessary information regarding the flight so that they can get access to it to cancel it.

  • After that, they will cancel your flight for you.

  • You will receive a confirmation mail regarding the cancelation of your flight.

About the Southwest Cancellation Refund Policy:
  • All the flights canceled within 24 hours after the booking would be given a full refund from the same mode of payment.

  • If there is any trouble or inconvenience caused by Southwest, then you will get a full refund in your account without a question.

  • If your flight is nonrefundable, then you will get some credit points into your loyalty account that you can use later for your future travel and save your money.

  • Nonrefundable tickets like wanna get away and wanna get away can be canceled up to 10 minutes before the flight departure, and you will receive some credit points as a refund.

  • Business class and premium can be canceled anytime, and you will get the total amount as a refund.

  • You will have to make a request if you want a refund.

How much does Southwest charge to cancel a flight?

If you want to know how much Southwest charges as their cancellation fees, then the cancellation fees vary for different travel classes and also depend on the time you're canceling your flight. And if you want to know about the average, then the cancellation fees can vary from around $ 150 to-200.

This blog has all the information that you may need or require, and it can help you regarding the Southwest cancelation policy. If you are facing any troubles or still have any queries, then we suggest you directly contact their customer service for further assistance - +1-845-202-1146/1-800-435-9792.

For more info, visit - https://www.southwest.com/

FAQs - Southwest Cancellation Policy

Q-1 How can I contact the customer service of Southwest?

To contact the customer service of Southwest, you can give them a call on - 1-800-435-9792.

Q-2 How much does Southwest charge to cancel your flight?

Southwest charges around $ 150-200 on average, and the fare also varies differently on their travel class and travel types.

Q-3 Can I cancel my Southwest flight online?

Yes, you can cancel your Southwest flight online through their official website or through their mobile apps, too.