Upcoming changes

Alexey Zakhlestin

Jan 28, 2011, 6:06:57 AM1/28/11
to AiP development
If you've been following development on github, recently, you noticed,
that code was reorganised in a major way. It was done to make AiP
compatible with autoloader requirements provided by PHP-Standards
group: http://groups.google.com/group/php-standards/web/psr-0-final-proposal

As a side-effect, namespaces names are much shorter now. For example:

was: \MFS\AppServer\Middleware\Logger\Logger
became: \AiP\Middleware\Logger

This is backwards-incompatible change, so, I will be releasing a new
package: pear.indeyets.pp.ru/aip

Additionally, I will release one more version of old package
pear.indeyets.pp.ru/AppServer, which will depend on
pear.indeyets.pp.ru/aip and provide compatibility wrapper for it

Henri Bergius

Jan 28, 2011, 6:31:40 AM1/28/11
to aip-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Alexey Zakhlestin <inde...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you've been following development on github, recently, you noticed,
> that code was reorganised in a major way. It was done to make AiP
> compatible with autoloader requirements provided by PHP-Standards
> group: http://groups.google.com/group/php-standards/web/psr-0-final-proposal

Sounds good. I wonder if on a bit longer term it would make sense to
move AiP to be part of the Zeta Components ecosystem?
http://bergie.iki.fi/blog/php-finally_getting_an_ecosystem/

This would make AiP more accessible to a bigger group of developers,
and the development and distribution would benefit from the Apache
infrastructure.

--
Henri Bergius
Motorcycle Adventures and Free Software