AiP and Symfony2

Henri Bergius

Jul 10, 2011, 9:17:30 AM7/10/11
to aip-p...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After my earlier Silex experiments[1], I started working on a bundle
for running Symfony2 applications with AiP. It now starts the server
nicely, but routing and session handling have some issues that I still
have to resolve.

Anyway,
https://github.com/bergie/MidgardAppServerBundle

Contributions/fixes welcome, as usual :-)

/Bergie

1: http://bergie.iki.fi/blog/silex_is_like_expressjs_for_php/

--
Henri Bergius
Motorcycle Adventures and Free Software

Jabber: henri....@gmail.com
Microblogs: @bergie

Henri Bergius

Jul 13, 2011, 10:02:28 AM7/13/11
to aip-p...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 4:17 PM, Henri Bergius <henri....@iki.fi> wrote:
> Anyway,
> https://github.com/bergie/MidgardAppServerBundle

Update: now it seems to work quite completely, though I'm sure there
will be minor issues and performance tuning left.

I even got Lichess (http://en.lichess.org/ with source at
https://github.com/ornicar/lichess/) running. And I appear to suck at
chess ;-)

Chris Boden

Jan 7, 2012, 5:45:23 PM1/7/12
to aip-p...@googlegroups.com
Which branch did you do this in?  I'm trying to integrate Symfony Sessions with AiP but struggling on some concepts.  An example in code would be helpful.

Lukas Kahwe Smith

Jan 9, 2012, 3:56:58 AM1/9/12
to aip-p...@googlegroups.com

On Jan 7, 2012, at 23:45 , Chris Boden wrote:

> Which branch did you do this in? I'm trying to integrate Symfony Sessions with AiP but struggling on some concepts. An example in code would be helpful.

Just FYI, there are some rather large refactorings planned for Symfony2 sessions for 2.1. The details are still being discussed here:
https://github.com/symfony/symfony/pull/2853

Not sure if this will have any impact on your work.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org

Henri Bergius

Jan 10, 2012, 6:32:45 AM1/10/12
to aip-p...@googlegroups.com

Chris Boden

Jan 23, 2012, 1:17:55 AM1/23/12
to aip-p...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the heads up Lukas.

I just spent 3 hours trying to implement the HttpFoundation Session PR into a long-lived PHP application, with just Native PHP files (NativeFileSessionStorage) support with no luck.  I'll try again tomorrow.

Due to the inheritance on AbstractSessionStorage of all the Storage classes, I will have to create a new class, extending each Storage mechanism.  :(