AsynchronousExecute vs loop

Wiet Mazairac

May 6, 2019, 11:19:01 AM5/6/19
to AIMMS - The Modeling System
What are the benefits of AsynchronousExecute compared to a normal loop in which each GMP is solved?
Is the performance better?

Mohan

May 6, 2019, 10:16:38 PM5/6/19
to AIMMS - The Modeling System
Hello Wiet,

Depends on what your use case is. Does a solve in your loop depend on the solution from a previous solve ? If yes, you should use a for loop.

Asynchronous execution will start the process does not wait till it is completed. So, you have to manually invoke checking for and retrieving the solution.

There is no black and white answer to which is efficient. It all depends on what you are trying to do.

Wiet Mazairac

May 8, 2019, 1:20:26 PM5/8/19
to AIMMS - The Modeling System
Hi,

No, the problems are independent.
I am trying to solve the same problem while changing one parameter.

Thanks for the tutorial. I already have it running.

Mohan

May 8, 2019, 1:28:49 PM5/8/19
to AIMMS - The Modeling System
Thanks for the context, Wiet. If these solves are independent - then using asynchronous execute is a fit for your use case. You can run these different solves simultaneously on different threads.

asynchronous.png

Wiet Mazairac

May 8, 2019, 5:30:45 PM5/8/19
to AIMMS - The Modeling System