Intermediate infeasible - Benders Decomposition

Ana Carolina Fernandes

May 8, 2019, 1:20:26 PM5/8/19
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am implementing a model of Facility Location Problem Multicommodity. The problem has 47 integer variables and about 2 million continuos variables. I could solve it using Dynamic Search and Branch and cut, however, I am particular interested in solving with Benders Decomposition.

When I considered the problem with 2 and 3 types of products, I could solve with Benders Decomposition but when I try to solve with 4 and 5 types of products, I can only solve with  Dynamic Search and Branch and cut.

I am using Benders Decomposition, the full version, built-in CPLEX 12.7.1. After trying to start execution, it shows the message "Intermediate Infeasible" and when I check the Log File, it's written that "Benders Decomposition is not compatible with the Problem", what I couldn't understand since the problem has integer and continuos variables and it could solve reducing a little bit the size of the problem with less types of products.

What may be the problem?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ana Carolina