Node representation as (x,y) coordinates

May 2, 2019, 1:08:23 PM5/2/19
to AIMMS - The Modeling System
Hello,

I have been trying to represent nodes in Aimms as an (x,y) coordinate of predefined parameters x(i) and y(i) but i have not been able to do so , is their anyway to do that?

Regards,

Mohan

May 2, 2019, 2:00:26 PM5/2/19
to AIMMS - The Modeling System
Hello,

Can you provide a bit more context ?

Are you using WinUI's network object ? If yes, take a look at these examples.

If you are using WebUI, then there is a modern map widget. It takes latitude and longitude of a geo-location as input. Documentation is here:

Wiet Mazairac

May 3, 2019, 1:51:44 PM5/3/19
to AIMMS - The Modeling System
Like this?

DeclarationSection dec_nodes {
    Set s_node {
        Index: i;
    }
    Parameter p_x {
        IndexDomain: i;
    }
    Parameter p_y {
        IndexDomain: i;
    }
}

Deema Aljuhani

May 3, 2019, 1:51:44 PM5/3/19
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

To give you more details :
My model provides me when the x(I) and y(I) coordinators as variables I then save them as parameters xx(I) and yy(I) , now I want to create nodes that represent this specific geometrical location of each  (xx(I) ,Yy(I))  so for example:,
Node (i1) = (xx(i1),yy(i1) )
Node(i2) = (xx(i2),yy(i2))  etc...

Then I want to create an arc that links node(i1) to node (i2) to node(i3) to node (i4) to represent that graphically. And I will end up with  rectangular shape along the x and y axis.

Regards,
Deema

Deema Aljuhani

May 3, 2019, 1:51:44 PM5/3/19
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I’m trying to create arcs to connect some nodes but my nodes are not one dimensional they are in the form of (x,y) and I’m including that as part of my model to be able to plot the arcs I need later when I use the network object.

Regards,
Deema

Mohan

May 3, 2019, 5:58:57 PM5/3/19
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Wiet's answer above should help you.

You will use l as the node index and give xx(l) and yy(l) as the latitude and longitude information required.

To create arcs joining each nodes, you will need to add an extra index in the set of l. Say, l1.

Now, create a parameter Arcs(l, l1) and if this parameter has a non default value - it means that node l and node l1 are joined.

I’m trying to create arcs to connect some nodes but my nodes are not one dimensional they are in the form of (x,y) and I’m including that as part of my model to be able to plot the arcs I need later when I use the network object.
You cannot display multidimensional arcs as there is no identification information. For example, Arc(l, l1, t) where t represents the time. In a single layer, you can use an element parameter to control which time t is displayed in that arc.

Otherwise, you can add multiple arc layers to display multiple values.

Hope this helps.