Generate 1KHz clock with AikoEvents

James Harton

Apr 4, 2011, 10:07:22 PM4/4/11
to Aiko distributed platform
Hi there.

I've tried asking my Arduino Uno to blink an LED at 1KHz by going (yes
I realise that the LED will flash at 500Hz):

Events.AddHandler(blink, 1);

Which seems to work, but can I verify that the ATMega328 is really
able to keep up at 1KHz or is it simply going as fast as I can? I
don't have an oscilloscope to test with, otherwise I expect it would
be fairly simple to test.

Thanks.

James.

Sam Sabey

Apr 5, 2011, 3:36:47 AM4/5/11
to aiko-p...@googlegroups.com
Hey James,

xoscope is a nice little sound card powered oscilliscope that works on linux, all you need to do is wire up a stereo lead.

I've lately upgraded to a DSO-nano.

Sam.

James Harton

Apr 5, 2011, 5:24:08 AM4/5/11