Re: Patch for pebble examples..

Andy Gelme

Jan 18, 2010, 5:48:37 PM1/18/10
to Paul Schulz, aiko-p...@googlegroups.com
hi Paul,

Paul Schulz wrote:
> Here a a header file patch for the pebble examples.

Thanks. I've fixed the simple Pebble examples ... and pushed the
changes back up to GitHub.

> They all worked (compiled, installed) to my Atmel168 Arduino..

I icluded a #define for the ATMega168 and ATMega8 to reduce the size of
the PString global buffer, so that you don't run out of stack/heap space
in static RAM on smaller processors.

Someone suggested that I should include Jon's memory profiler in Aiko.
Sounds like a useful option to have.

> only thing I had trouble with was the serial port monitor for the
> temperature sensor.. so I wasn't able to confirm it's output.

What was the "serial port monitor" problem ? Something you'd like help
with ?

--
-O- cheers = /\ /\/ /) `/ =
--O -- http://www.geekscape.org --

Luke Weston

Jan 18, 2010, 10:18:20 PM1/18/10
to aiko-p...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Andy Gelme <an...@geekscape.org> wrote:
hi Paul,

Paul Schulz wrote:
> Here a a header file patch for the pebble examples.

Thanks.  I've fixed the simple Pebble examples ... and pushed the
changes back up to GitHub.

> They all worked (compiled, installed) to my Atmel168 Arduino..

I icluded a #define for the ATMega168 and ATMega8 to reduce the size of
the PString global buffer, so that you don't run out of stack/heap space
in static RAM on smaller processors.

Someone suggested that I should include Jon's memory profiler in Aiko.
Sounds like a useful option to have.

> only thing I had trouble with was the serial port monitor for the
> temperature sensor.. so I wasn't able to confirm it's output.

What was the "serial port monitor" problem ?  Something you'd like help
with ?

Hi guys,

One thing I have noticed is that Aiko code (I have confirmed this for both the Aiko Node code and the Aiko implementation of the simple Blink example) will not compile for an ATmega8 chip.

I'm not exactly sure why this is, if it's simply a question of not enough memory or something else, I have not studied it in enough detail.

However, this is not a big deal since almost nobody, except very early adopters of Arduino, actually have ATmega8 arduinos. (I only discovered this when you loaned me that ATmega8 Arduino chip earlier, Andy.)

Cheers,
  Luke