Recover aiida profile

Fabiana Machado

Aug 10, 2022, 9:48:27 AM8/10/22
to aiidausers
Dear all,

I just changed computers and now I want to recover my profile. I am doing that by copying the container folder from the remote machine that contains the same profile. When doing verdi status, it finds my profile but it raises an error saying that "The container is not initialized yet - use .init_container() first". However, I don''t want to do that, since I want to recover my already existing profile. Any ideas of how to fix that ?

Thanks!
Best,
Fabiana

Sebastiaan Huber

Aug 10, 2022, 10:02:00 AM8/10/22
to aiida...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fabiana,

This error means that AiiDA cannot find the file repository at the path that is specified by the profile.
Run `verdi profile show` which should show the location that AiiDA expects.
It should look something like (for v2.0 at least)

storage:
  backend: core.psql_dos
  config:
    database_engine: postgresql_psycopg2
    database_hostname: localhost
    database_name: aiida_dev_main
    database_password: aiida
    database_port: 5432
    database_username: aiida
    repository_uri: file:///home/sph/.virtualenvs/aiida_dev/.aiida/repository/main

You should make sure that the path of `repository_uri` exists and contains the file repository of your original profile.
If you changed computers, you should make sure to copy that folder from the original machine to the new one.

You didn't specify what you did, but you should also make sure that the database has been copied to the new machine.
This is the second location where AiiDA stores data.

Hope that helps,

Sebastiaan
--
AiiDA is supported by the NCCR MARVEL (http://nccr-marvel.ch/), funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation, and by the European H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/).

Fabiana Machado

Aug 10, 2022, 10:17:55 AM8/10/22
to aiidausers
Hi Sebastiaan,

I realized I was missing one "/" here:  repository_uri: file:///home . All working now! Thank you!

All the best,
Fabiana