aiida-vasp plugin install errors

Mohammed Ghadiyali

Aug 1, 2019, 10:08:42 AM8/1/19
to aiidausers
Dear All,

I have installed the aiida-vasp plugin on my laptop using the following command:
python3 -m pip install --pre aiida-vasp

It installed without any warnings and errors, however when I tried to upload the POTCARS, using "verdi data vasp-potcar uploadfamily" it gives me an error (the complete error is in log_1.txt):
ImportError: cannot import name 'is_dbenv_loaded' from 'aiida.backends.utils' (/home/mohammed/.virtualenvs/aiida/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiida/backends/utils.py)

Upon checking the user group, it is noted that this issue is due to incompatibility of aiida-vasp and aiida 1, which I'm using, and as per the post [1], I'm to git clone the development version, from here [2] and installed it, using this command:
python3 -m pip install -e . ("." represents the directory of aiida-vasp git clone)

However, it is giving me multiple errors regaring unable to build a wheel for pymatgen, I have attatched the screen out as log_2.txt, do please help.

I'm using Fedora 30 and the latest build of aiida and aiida-core.

Regards,
Ghadiyali Mohammed Kader
log_1.txt
log_2.txt

Espen Flage-Larsen

Aug 1, 2019, 10:42:35 AM8/1/19
to aiida...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mohammed,

Thanks for trying the vasp plugin. Please pull and install the migration_beta branch and install with pip install -e . when you are inside the aiida-vasp root folder. Most things should now work. Even the immigrator. We are updating the documentation now etc. and hope to make a beta release in a month or two.

Best regards,
Espen

--
AiiDA is supported by the NCCR MARVEL (http://nccr-marvel.ch/), funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation, and by the European H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/).

Mohammed Ghadiyali

Aug 1, 2019, 10:52:23 AM8/1/19
to aiidausers
Dear Espen,

Thanks for crating aiida VASP plugin and replying me.
I'm pulling the migration_beta branch and installing through the aiida-vasp root folder using pip.
And I'm getting the error as given in the log_2.txt (attached in the first post)

Regards,
Ghadiali Mohammed Kader.