No vasp.potcar in aiida.group

lei qiao

Nov 27, 2022, 2:17:54 PM11/27/22
to aiidausers
Dear developer,

I'm stuck with another problem. the POTCAR family is empty, when I compared with the content of Uploading POTCAR FILE · Issue #598 · aiida-vasp/aiida-vasp (github.com), I found that we have the same problem, I tried the same method, but still not resolved.
Through comparison, the problem may be here. After using "verdi plugin list aiida.groups", people get the following results:

Registered entry points for aiida.groups:
* castep.otfg
* core
* core.auto
* core.import
* core.upf
* pseudo.family
* pseudo.family.cutoffs
* pseudo.family.pseudo_dojo
* pseudo.family.sssp
* vasp.potcar

Instead, I get this:

Registered entry points for aiida.groups:
* core
* core.auto
* core.import
* core.upf

Should this be an installation error? Or is there some command I'm missing?

Thanks a lot for any suggestion!
Lei

Sebastiaan Huber

Nov 27, 2022, 5:12:23 PM11/27/22
to aiida...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lei,

As you can see, you are missing the `vasp.potcar` entry point, which is necessary to upload VASP POTCAR files.
Have you installed the `aiida-vasp` plugin?
For example by running:

    pip install aiida-vasp

If you are running AiiDA with v1.x, you may need to run:

    reentry scan

afterwards.

Regards,

SPH
--
AiiDA is supported by the NCCR MARVEL (http://nccr-marvel.ch/), funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation, and by the European H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/).

lei qiao

Nov 28, 2022, 4:39:57 AM11/28/22
to aiidausers
Hi SPH,

Thank you for your reply.
To make it easier to find problems, I re-established an environment, and then executed the following commands in order:

python3 -m venv ~/env_test/aiida-vasp
source ~/env_test/aiida-vasp/bin/activate
pip install aiida-core
verdi quicksetup
Now execute “verdi status” to check aiida is all normal. Next install the plugin (in the active environment),
(aiida-vasp) ****@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ pip install aiida-vasp
all the lines start with "Requirement already satisfied: ......", shows that this plugin already installed.
But when I execute "verdi plugin list aiida.groups" to check, there is still no aiida-vasp related content in the output.  It seems this plugin has not been successfully installed.

Best wishes,
Lei

Sebastiaan Huber

Nov 28, 2022, 4:47:15 AM11/28/22
to aiida...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lei,

Try to run:

    pip freeze | grep aiida-vasp

what does that return?
Also, what version of AiiDA are you running?
Try to run:

    verdi --version

Regards,

Sebastiaan

lei qiao

Nov 28, 2022, 4:55:06 AM11/28/22
to aiidausers
Hi Sebastiaan,

Aiida and Aiida-vasp versions are 2.1.2 and 2.1.1 respectively.

Lei

Espen Flage-Larsen

Nov 28, 2022, 6:29:12 AM11/28/22
to aiida...@googlegroups.com, lei qiao
Dear Lei,

Can you please open an issue here:
https://github.com/aiida-vasp/aiida-vasp/issues.

That is dedicated to the AiiDA-VASP plugin and we can try to resolve it there.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Espen

--
Espen Flage-Larsen
SINTEF Industry

lei qiao

Nov 28, 2022, 7:46:32 AM11/28/22
to aiidausers
Dear  Espen,

Thanks for your reply.
I've tried the method in github before asking this question, it didn't work.
I thought it might be a problem with the setting of virtual machine, so I reinstalled a clean ubuntu, re-run the installed command, and this time solved the problem.
Sorry that I don't know what the difference between these two installations, so there is no useful information I can provide.

Best,
Lei

Espen Flage-Larsen

Nov 28, 2022, 8:59:38 AM11/28/22
to aiida...@googlegroups.com, lei qiao
Hi there Lei,

Okey, thanks for letting us know. Most important thing is that you have
solved the problem. If you run into any issues in the future with
AiiDA-VASP, please open an issue at the linked repo at GitHub and we
will try to help.