AiiDA virtual tutorial 2021: registration open!

Ramirez Francisco Fernando

May 26, 2021, 3:33:58 AM5/26/21
to aiida...@googlegroups.com
Dear AiiDA users,

The AiiDA team is pleased to announce that registration for our annual tutorial week (from the 5th to the 9th of July 2021) is now open. Participation in the event is free of charge.

Because of the success of the 2020 edition, the tutorial will once again be organised in a virtual format. Talks will be pre-recorded and made available to participants before the event. Hands-on tutorials will be held via Zoom [1], with participants running the tutorial in their browser by accessing a JupyterHub deployment of AiiDAlab [2].

The goal of this 5 day-tutorial is to help students and researchers from the field of computational materials science get started with running and writing reproducible workflows. They will be introduced by experts in the field (including the developers of the code) to the use of AiiDA, a state-of-the-art framework for provenance tracking and workflow management designed to support high-throughput research. AiiDA already has support for over 50 materials science codes, including established density-functional theory codes such as Quantum ESPRESSO, which will be used for this tutorial.

There are two time-slot options available, in order to cover all possible time zones: last year we had participants from over 30 different countries, and we once again want to provide full support for people from all over the world!

The registration deadline is Thursday the 10th of June at midnight CEST and the number of participants is limited to 120. For more information, the tentative schedule, and a link to the registration form, please visit the official page of the event:

You are also welcome to share this in your relevant networks and with anybody who you think could benefit from participating in this workshop!

With kind regards,

Francisco Ramirez and Marnik Bercx,
on behalf of the AiiDA tutorial organisers

[2] https://www.materialscloud.org/work/aiidalab