UnreachableStorage & Incompatible RabbitMQ version detected!

蔡宜靜

May 30, 2022, 7:47:06 AM5/30/22
to aiidausers
Hello everyone,

I updated to the new version of AiiDA recently,
and got some new problems when I'm running `verdi status` like this:

截圖 2022-05-30 下午7.39.47.png

And I don't know how to "initialize the storage",
So please help me if anyone knows how to 🥲 Thank you so mush.

The other question is about the version of RabbitMQ,
I know that I should use version<=3.8.14,
so I "downgrade" it in my conda environment.

When  I type in `conda list`,
I can clearly see the version is 3.8.14 like this:

截圖 2022-05-30 下午7.40.41.png

But it seems that AiiDA doesn't get downgrade 🥲

Again, thank you for your help!!

Sincerely,
Yi-Ching Tsai

Zhu, Bonan

May 30, 2022, 10:27:41 AM5/30/22
to aiida...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

When you upgrade from v1 to v2, the storage (the database and repository as in aiida v1) needs to be migrated. So you probably have not done that (verdi storage migrate)?

As for the conda environment (assuming that you are using “conda installation”) , when you downgrade RabbitMQ, the aiida-core should not be downgraded so what you saw was normal. Don’t forget to stop and restart the RabbitMQ service for the downgraded version to take effect.

However, I would recommend creating a new environment with the aiida-core and correct version of the rabbit-mq, especially if you have used pip to install/upgrade packages in the old environment.

Best wishes,

Bonan

--
AiiDA is supported by the NCCR MARVEL (http://nccr-marvel.ch/), funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation, and by the European H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/).

蔡宜靜

May 31, 2022, 1:08:16 AM5/31/22
to aiidausers
Dear Bonan,

Thank you so much for your advises,
I've reconnected to RabbitMQ with the right version!

But my problem of the storage is still there,
I had to correct that I "installed" AiiDA with the newest version, instead of "upgraded" as I mentioned before.

At first, the connection to the storage was fine,
but after I do something about reconnected to RabbitMQ,
it went wrong..

Thank you for your help!

Best,
Yi-Ching Tsai

Zhu, Bonan 在 2022年5月30日 星期一下午10:27:41 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

蔡宜靜

May 31, 2022, 1:49:52 AM5/31/22
to aiidausers
Dear all,

I've fixed all the problems above.

The error message of "storage" said that it's unreachable,
so I go to /.aiida/repository/, and didn't find my profile named "simple".

So, I delete the old profile and setup a new one,
and the connection is ok now.

Thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,
Yi-Ching Tsai

蔡宜靜 在 2022年5月31日 星期二下午1:08:16 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道: