Problem while checking verdi status.

Dominic Varghese

May 1, 2022, 3:21:57 AM5/1/22
to aiidausers
Hi all,

When I was checking "verdi status" while installing AiiDA , I encountered this message: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: Blowfish has been deprecated
  "class": algorithms.Blowfish,
Critical: The configuration file has version 8 which is not compatible with the current version 5.
Can someone help me in figuring out this issue?

Thanking you
Dominic Varghese
Screenshot from 2022-05-01 12-41-24.png

Sebastiaan Huber

May 1, 2022, 3:28:39 AM5/1/22
to aiida...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dominic,

This means that the version of AiiDA that you ran the current profile with is newer compared what is currently installed, and the config file is not compatible.
Since your config file has version 8, it seems you installed AiiDA v2.0 and then switched back to an older version.
To use your config again, you should install AiiDA v2.0 again and it should work.
If you really need to use an older version again with that profile. you still have to install v2.0 first and then you can try to downgrade the config with `verdi config downgrade 5`.
Then you immediately reinstall the older version of AiiDa that you want (careful, running any `verdi` command will automatically upgrade the config again).
Note that if you already migrated your database, there is no way back and you cannot use the older version of AiiDA.
You would have to restore it  from backup.

Hope that helps,

Sebastiaan

P.S. The warning you can ignore, it is just a deprecation warning coming from `paramiko` that is calling a deprecated resource from the `cryptography` module.
There is an option issue on paramiko to address this : https://github.com/paramiko/paramiko/issues/2038
--
AiiDA is supported by the NCCR MARVEL (http://nccr-marvel.ch/), funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation, and by the European H2020 MaX Centre of Excellence (http://www.max-centre.eu/).