Cannot start daemon after full conda-based install

Eric Berquist

Jun 15, 2021, 4:17:46 PM6/15/21
to aiidausers
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to follow the instructions at https://aiida.readthedocs.io/projects/aiida-core/en/latest/intro/install_conda.html#intro-get-started-conda-install, and everything seems to work smoothly until trying to start the AiiDA daemon, which fails with an unhelpful error:

$ verdi daemon start --foreground
Starting the daemon... FAILED Critical: Command '['verdi', '-p', 'my-test-profile', 'daemon', 'start-circus', '--foreground', '1']' returned non-zero exit status 1

I've tried this on two different machines (Ubuntu 18.04 and Arch Linux) with the same problem. Here is the output of `verdi status`:

✔ config dir: /home/eric/.aiida
✔ profile: On profile my-test-profile
✔ repository: /home/eric/.aiida/repository/my-test-profile
✔ postgres: Connected as aiida_qs_eric_ebfdb6df759103941d1a917db3b48459@None:5432
✔ rabbitmq: Connected as amqp://guest:gu...@127.0.0.1:5672?heartbeat=600
⏺ daemon: The daemon is not running

I've attached the environment.yml from conda and my config.json.
environment.yml
config.json