[aida] Exploring validation

Hilaire

Feb 17, 2015, 10:00:10 AM2/17/15
to ai...@aidaweb.si
Hello there!

I have been playing with the AddressBook tutorial and to extend my
exploration of Aida, I am trying to add field validation for Email input.
I have been looking at the examples use in Aida and edited the code
accordingly, but I still miss something. As I don't have proper report
error, the validation code is working thought.

My modifications are as follow:

ADemoAddressBookApp>>editView

[...]

e addTextH1: 'Add/Edit the address'.

self inError ifTrue: [e addText: self errorReport].

e cell

addText: 'First name:';

addBreak.

[...]

e cell

addText: 'Email:';

addBreak.

field := e cell addInputFieldAspect: #email for: self observee.

field

validIfTrue: [ :value | value includes: $@ ];

errorText: [ 'Cela ne ressemble pas à un email' ].

e newCell add: field errorElement.

[...]

Then I changed actionEdit as follow

self context form isValid ifFalse:

[self showError: self context form collectErrorTexts.

^ self redirectToView: #edit ].

self redirectToView: #main

The generated html code is like:

<h1>Add/Edit the address</h1>
aWebElement div id: error <table>
<tbody><tr>
<input value="Sebastjan" name="field251" type="text"></td>
<input value="Dormirtories" name="field252" type="text"></td>
<input value="01/514 33 66" name="field253" type="text"></td>
<input value="ta...@drgeo.eu" onchange="aidaEvent('change','id323','96679',document.getElementById('id323').value);; " name="field254" id="id323" type="text"></td>

#collectErrorTexts only procude '<br> string, so empty error message.

What do I miss?

Thanks

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu
iStoa - http://istoa.drgeo.eu

Hilaire

Feb 18, 2015, 3:52:24 AM2/18/15
to ai...@aidaweb.si
Ho my bad,

#errorText: argument is not a bloc but a string.

field need to be sent #onChangePost message to get 'field
errorElement' working.

I have to admit it is pretty easy to use and I like that.

Thanks

Hilaire