project license

ericvrp

Apr 12, 2009, 4:31:56 AM4/12/09
to AIDA Developers
Hi,

I would like to start discussing the license. Currently it is set (by
Trux) to 'GNU General Public License v3'. This license has some
restrictions on where it project may be used.

If we want to be 'truly' open source, for every one to be able to use
the project where ever they want, we should consider changing the
licensing to MIT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mit_license) or the new
BSD license (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses).

cheers, Eric

goo...@truxoft.com

Apr 12, 2009, 4:51:41 AM4/12/09
to AIDA Developers
No problem Eric, I am all for changing the license to any type. I
chose the GNU version just because there were no explanations when I
opened the project, I did not have personal experience with the
differences between them, and was too lazy starting to research and
compare the details. Anyway, I think the main word here will belong to
those who already made the ground work - principally Jome, and
Francisco Gauthier (if he joins and agree to opne the source code of
Freedive Central, what I am not entirely positively persuaded of). So
before changing the license type, I'd wait until those people express
their opinion, and when we actually already have some code to share
(which is not the case at this moment).