Project name

ericvrp

Apr 12, 2009, 4:21:18 AM4/12/09
to AIDA Developers
Hi Trux,

Nice that you were proactive and started this group and repository at
google code!

I was thinking that perhaps having Aida (or freediving) in the name
might not be what we want. Especially when we intend to be non-
freediving and non-aida specific.

cheers, Eric

goo...@truxoft.com

Apr 12, 2009, 4:45:36 AM4/12/09
to AIDA Developers
Hi Eric,

Yes, you are right. I was thinking about it too, but then told myself
that developing a system for AIDA and attracting the most developers
from the freediving community should be our main focus at the
beginning. It won't hinder us in designing the project universally,
and possibly transforming it into a universal project later. Besides
it, the word AIDA is phonetically nice, quite neutral, short, and easy
to memorize, so using it for the project does not exclude its
attractiveness and suitability in other sports. Besides it, names
beginning by A have always certain advantage in ranking and the ease
to be found in different lists, and search results.

However, I am not against changing the product name. Let's continue
the discussion here, and hear whether there are some interesting
proposals.

Ivo