June Community Call (Whisper – Choosing a Model and Operationalizing a Speech to Text Pipeline) - June 18, 2024

pgonzferna

Jun 14, 2024, 9:56:07 AMJun 14
to ai4lam
Hello everyone,

Our June community call is coming up next week! It is scheduled for Tuesday, June 18, 16:00 UTC (8AM PST | 11PM EST | 16:00 GMT | 17:00 CET).

The theme for this session is "Whisper – Choosing a Model and Operationalizing a Speech to Text Pipeline." Whisper’s release has been catalytic and created incredible promise for transcribing AV materials. Over the last year, many institutions have gone from exploring Whisper to testing, designing and implementing a speech-to-text pipeline. This set of lightning talks will describe work in detail at three institutions on topics ranging from finding and fine tuning the right model to implementing an end-to-end service (including software for caption review and correction and media players).

Speakers:
o Javier de la Rosa, National Library of Norway AI-lab
o Oddmund Møgedal, University of Oslo on Autotext
o Alan Lundgard, Niqui O’Neil & Ed Summers, Stanford University Libraries

Further details, including the joining details, can be found on our agenda/notes document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U0vrTo7OjZCMx9n-4a5toa-njjbsZHiFr2275k7f9wQ/edit?usp=sharing. Register your interest and mark yourself as attending!

If you want to save the full year of calls to your calendar, you can do so by downloading the .ics file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JrUqrfhaDWkimydCupdsNRLWo8TYBdHW/view?usp=sharing.

You can find notes documents & recordings (where available) from the previous calls on our website: https://sites.google.com/view/ai4lam/community-calls

Please feel free to share this announcement with interested colleagues and lists, and we look forward to seeing you next week.

Best,
Pedro Gonzalez-Fernandez
On behalf of the AI4LAM Secretariat

pgonzferna

Jun 14, 2024, 12:21:40 PMJun 14
to ai4lam
Hi folks,

One quick fix to the previous message! There was a slight typo for the EST time slot. Just in case there is any confusion, here are the times again:

The session will be Tuesday, June 18, 16:00 UTC (8AM PST | 11AM EST | 16:00 GMT | 17:00 CET).

Best,
Pedro

Rachel Senese

Jun 17, 2024, 10:08:00 AMJun 17
to ai4lam
Will this community call be recorded?

Tom Cramer

Jun 17, 2024, 10:09:51 AMJun 17
to Rachel Senese, ai4lam, Tom Cramer

Yes, this call will be recorded.  Cheers, - Tom

--
Website: https://ai4lam.org
ai4lam Slack: https://ai4lam.slack.com/