Thurs, June 20: ai4lam Speech-to-Text Working Group organizational call

Tom Cramer

Jun 13, 2024, 12:43:37 PMJun 13
to ai4lam, Tom Cramer

On Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 7 AM California | 10 AM ET | 15:00 UK | 16:00 Norway | Midnight +1 Canberra, there will be an organizational call to explore establishing an ai4lam Working Group on speech-to-text.

Zoom Link
https://stanford.zoom.us/j/99975656347?pwd=aZEtv5kO1NX1p06a7M2bHQGuebMELm.1&from=addon

Agenda & Notes Doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wAL5plrMPflH5tueS-X0v1Ht34d6byQu7IxNlcBDRtE/edit#heading=h.ctydvw2x3bwd

Purpose

Catalyzed by the release of Whisper, multiple LAMs are actively investigating and implementing speech-to-text pipelines to caption and/or transcribe their audio-visual content. This call will explore establishing a working group within the ai4lam community in order to share needs and approaches, facilitate the dissemination of know how, foster collaborations, and share data, models, and/or software.

The meeting will be recorded. If you are interested and unable to attend, please add your name, institution, and email to the Regrets section of the agenda doc.

Tom Cramer

Jun 19, 2024, 5:00:57 PMJun 19
to ai4lam, Tom Cramer

As a reminder, tomorrow (Thursday) we will be holding an open, organizational call to establish a Whisper / Speech-to-Text Working Group within ai4lam.

Time

20 June 2024 at 7 AM California | 10 AM ET | 15:00 UK | 16:00 Norway | Midnight +1 Canberra

This builds on Tuesday’s well-attended ai4lam community call on selecting a Whisper model (notes).

If you are interested in implementing Whisper and/or have experiences to share, we hope to see you there.