[Jobs] Faculty position in Robot Systems at the University of Edinburgh

s.rama...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2023, 4:08:32 PM10/25/23
to ai-robotics
We are recruiting for a Lecturer (US equiv. Assistant Professor) or Reader (US equiv. Associate Professor) in Robot Systems within the School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh.

The School of Informatics is seeking to extend its teaching and research in robotics, with a particular focus on integrated approaches to complete robotic systems motivated by emerging applications of broad societal relevance. As a result of sustained efforts over the years, and through our involvement in the Edinburgh Centre for Robotics, we occupy a leadership position in the Robotics and Autonomous Systems space. Our RAS activities include a Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) and Data-Driven Innovation (DDI) initiatives with the Bayes Centre and National Robotarium (based in Heriot Watt University, jointly operated with the University of Edinburgh).

We are now seeking emerging leaders who will contribute actively to research and teaching of robotics at Edinburgh. The successful candidate will have a vision for how to develop robotic systems in the context of emerging and established application areas, both as a field and within the Edinburgh ecosystem.  As well as contributing to research activities in and beyond the School of Informatics, the appointee will contribute to postgraduate teaching, undergraduate courses, curriculum development and the supervision of PhD students.

The School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh is one of the largest in Europe, with more than 120 academic staff and a total of over 500 post-doctoral researchers, research students and support staff. Informatics at Edinburgh rated highest on Research Power in the most recent Research Excellence Framework. The School has strong links with industry, with dedicated business incubator space and well-established enterprise and business development programmes. The School of Informatics has established partnerships with the Bayes Centre for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, which provides a locus for fruitful multi-disciplinary work, including a range of companies collocated in it. Through the Institute of Perception, Action and Behaviour, Informatics faculty members and researchers play a key role in the Edinburgh Centre for Robotics, and the National Robotarium, both of which are managed jointly with Heriot Watt University. The School holds a Silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment to advance the representation of women in science, mathematics, engineering and technology. We are also Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champions actively promoting LGBT equality.

Please follow this link for further information and application information: https://elxw.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/8822

The closing date for applications is 15th January 2024.

---
Professor Subramanian Ramamoorthy
Chair of Robot Learning and Autonomy
Director, Institute of Perception, Action and Behaviour
School of Informatics | University of Edinburgh | http://rad.inf.ed.ac.uk
Member of Executive Committee | Edinburgh Centre for Robotics
Turing Fellow | Alan Turing Institute