International Conference on Social Robotics
December 4-7, 2023, Doha, Qatar
*** CALL FOR WORKSHOPS AND TUTORIALS***
The ICSR 2023 Organising Committee invites proposals for Workshops and Tutorials to be held during the 15th International Conference of Social Robotics in Doha, Qatar, from 4 to 7 December 2023. The ICSR conference is a leading forum where state-of-the-art innovative results, the latest developments and future perspectives that are relating to robot and human interactions are presented and discussed. The conference welcomes original contributions describing technically rigorous scientific and research advances in the area of social robotics and AI: innovative ideas and concepts, new discoveries and improvements, novel applications on the latest fundamental advances in the core technologies that form the backbone of social robotics and distinguished studies and projects pertaining social robotics and its interaction and impact in our society.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Human-Robot Collaboration: Sea, Air, Land, Space and Cyberspace”. The theme emphasizes on all physical and cyber-physical domains where humans and robots collaborate.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINES
Deadline: October 13, 2023
Proposals should include the following information:
● Workshop duration: indicate full or half day
● Workshop format: online, hybrid, or on-site, and tutorial or workshop
● Organisers: name, affiliation and email of the members of your committee
● Workshop description and objectives: concise description of the content and objectives of the workshop/tutorial
● Intended audience and Plan to solicit participation: describe the intended workshop/tutorial audience, how you plan to solicit participation: (i) ahead of the workshop/tutorial to generate submission and (ii) within the workshop/tutorial in encouraging discussions and exchanges between participants
● List of topics: a bullet list of the topics of interest that will be covered by the workshop/tutorial
● List of invited speakers: list of any invited speakers (if applicable)
● Additional information: any relevant information that could not be captured by the previous sections (e.g. previous workshop organisation)
The primary criteria in the evaluation of workshop and tutorial proposals will be the timeliness of the topics, the quality, track record, anticipated level of interest, impact, novelty or creativity, and technical background of the presenters.
Submissions should be PDF documents of no more than 3 pages, and they should be sent by email to ics...@qu.edu.qa
FUNDING PROGRAMS FOR COLLABORATION
Qatar Open Innovation
More details here: https://connect.qrdi.org.qa/innovation/p
Academic Research Grants
ARG is designed to support investigator-led R&D aimed at generating new knowledge and furthering scientific understanding in topics broadly aligned with any of the national RDI priority areas available at (link). Furthermore, it aims to enhance Qatar’s reputation and contributions to the global stock of knowledge and contribute to the enhancement of capabilities of the research talent pool. Awarded funding budgets are QAR 900,000 (USD 246,561) per year, up to 3 years. At least 80% of the total annual budget and 65% of the effort should be expended inside Qatar.
More details here: https://connect.qrdi.org.qa/scientific-research/p/opportunities/p/19