[jobs] Multiple open positions (Ph.D./PostDoc) on Interactive Robot Perception and Learning at TU Darmstadt

Georgia Chalvatzaki

Sep 30, 2023, 3:22:34 PM9/30/23
to ai-robotics

*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

Dear all,

I am happy to announce that the iROSA group at TU Darmstadt is transitioning into the newly founded lab of Interactive Robot Perception and Learning (PEARL) at the premises of TU Darmstadt and Hessian.AI.

My team and I are looking to augment our team with new researchers who will have the opportunity to work on exciting research projects funded by the German Research Foundation and the Horizon Europe research program.

We seek enthusiastic researchers who want to work on highly interdisciplinary topics at the intersection of classical robotics (planning & control), robotic multi-sensorial perception, and machine learning methods

Our research aims to identify structure in robotic systems, the geometry of the perceived environment, and task specifications and use them for learning to solve complex long-horizon tasks with mobile manipulation robots in the non-stationary, ever-changing real world.

We have multiple open positions for Ph.D. students or PostDocs in the following topics:

  • Robot Learning of Mobile Manipulation (e.g., whole-body planning and control, robustness, articulated object manipulation);
  • Neural Representation Learning for Scene-Object Affordances and Robotic Action Planning ;
  • Intuitive, human-guided learning of long-horizon tasks;
  • Graph-based hierarchical learning for task and motion planning;
  • Safe learning, blending, and sequencing of robot policies;
  • Perceptive generative models for (mobile) manipulation.

Starting dates range depending on the topic (from immediately till the beginning of 2024).

Please apply following the instructions of the following link.

Best regards,

----
Georgia Chalvatzaki
Full Professor (W3) for Interactive Robot Perception & Learning,
Intelligent Robotic Systems for Assistance (iROSA) Emmy Noether DFG group,
https://irosalab.com

Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
https://www.tu-darmstadt.de