Call for Papers + Deadline Extension MASec @ NeurIPS 2023

Swapneel Mehta

Sep 23, 2023, 2:06:01 AM9/23/23
to AI in India

Greetings All,

We’re extending the deadline for the first Multi-Agent Security Workshop at NeurIPS 2023 and look forward to reviewing your submissions!

Website: https://masec.ai

Important dates:

Submission deadline: Oct 3, 2023

If you need an extension beyond this, please write to us about your extenuating circumstances at the email provided at the bottom of this post.

Acceptance Notification: October 27, 2023

Workshop date: December 16, in-person @NeurIPS 2023,

New Orleans, LA, USA

Workshop Description:

Security is the foundation of cooperation among AI agents, humans, institutions, and nations. Progress in areas such as LLMs/GenAI, multi-agent learning, and human-AI interaction offer great potential, but also highlight new security challenges. Yet, the cyber security, AI capabilities, safety and policy communities have limited platforms to share cross-cutting knowledge. The field of Multi-Agent Security (MASEC) aims to design a blueprint of the emerging and amplified security challenges of our present and future multi-agent world.

At this in-person NeurIPS workshop, we will gather researchers from cyber security, and AI, including AI safety and AI governance, to connect the fields that complement each other. We will showcase on-going research via contributed talks and poster sessions, and provide networking opportunities for research and mentorship discussions (see our website for a detailed program).

Submission Formats

We welcome 4-page submissions of technical, benchmark and opinion

papers on any topics related to the MASEC themes across disciplines (machine learning, cyber security, cognitive sciences, philosophy, psychology, and more). Our ultimate objective revolves around the development of an ambitious security blueprint for AI cooperation.

We want to think beyond the conventional boundaries of cyber security to encompass not only data privacy and information security, but also individual security—freedom from threats and coercion—alongside corporate and even national security considerations. When we refer to "multi-agent systems", we encompass intricate collaborations among AI agents, humans, institutions, and the underlying cooperative platform infrastructure and rules of engagement. This spectrum covers everything from AI agents in the physical realm, such as autonomous driving systems, to the realm of digital entities like digital assistants, and even Mixed Reality.

Examples of topics include:

Adversarial Attacks & Defences

Security-by-Design in Multi-Agent Systems

Limits of Security & Privacy

Ethics, Compliance & Fairness

Preventing Involuntary Failures

Foundational Research in AI Security

Submission instructions:

Submissions must be made via OpenReview. They must be anonymized, up

to 4 pages long (excluding references and appendices) and use the

NeurIPS 2023 LaTeX template. Appendices can be added to the main PDF.

Each paper will receive at least two reviews; both authors and reviewers will

be anonymous throughout the process.

The papers should report original research, provide synthesis of

previous works or develop novel environments. Short opinion and review

papers are welcomed. Authors can upload concise versions of parallel

submissions to other conferences such as NeurIPS main conference or

ICLR. We accept dual submission but discourage submitting to multiple

NeurIPS workshops.

All accepted papers will be available on the workshop website, but no

formal workshop proceedings will be published.

For any questions, email us at mas...@googlegroups.com or reach us on

Twitter @masecworkshop!

Cheers,

The MASEC @ NeurIPS 2023 Organizing Committee