re: Picnic

1 view

AHS Class of '87

Jul 11, 2007, 3:18:20 PM7/11/07
to ahs-class-of-1987...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone have the final details re: the Saturday picnic?, ie time, location, food & beverage (potluck?), facilities on premises, etc?  Is there a "coordinator" or "contact person"?

It would be helpful to have a single clean reference page for this on the Google Group.

Thanks

Adam Safir

Jul 12, 2007, 12:25:16 PM7/12/07
to AHS class of 1987 reunion for 2007
>From Kerry's May 30th email: "... everything is set for the picnic.
We have a spot [Codornices park in Berkeley] for Saturday the 11th,
12pm - 8:30pm. There are several tables and bench seating...I chose
the area with the BBQs..."

Don't know if we got the field or not, but there are a lot of
facilities at that park.

I'd suggest we either do a BBQ or we do simple catering (deli or
Mexican) -- I think potluck is too complicated with folks from out of
town. Of course this will cost some more $'s, and we would need to
know how many people will be at the picnic.

Adam Safir

Jul 23, 2007, 1:29:27 PM7/23/07
to AHS class of 1987 reunion for 2007
Picnic

Location: Codornices park (on Euclid across the street from the rose
gardens)
Time: Saturday the 11th, 12 noon to 8:30 pm

We have not planned anything for food.yet since we don't have any idea
of how many people are planning on showing up to this (including
kids). What would everyone prefer to do? Should we create another
sign-up list? And what about food options? cold cuts, BBQ, other?

Adam Safir

Jul 31, 2007, 7:40:11 PM7/31/07
to AHS class of 1987 reunion for 2007
OK, here is the plan for the picnic.

Location: Codornices Park (on Euclid across from the Rose Gardens)

Time: 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm (we have the site from 12:00 to 8:30 pm so
come early to help set up and stay as late as you like.)

Sign-up: We have decided not to try to get people to sign up on
another group list since there is not a lot of time remaining. We
will have a sign-up at the reunion on Friday night (and a box for
depositing money for the picnic). But remember, if you don't sign up
on Friday and give us some $'s then there won't be any food to eat on
Saturday, so please do it as soon as you get there.

Cost: $5 per person (including kids/partners etc.) (we need to cover
the cost of the park <$150> and any food and drinks we buy so more is
welcome if you can afford it).

Food: We plan on purchasing BBQ food (hot dogs & burgers). If people
feel like bringing a side dish like a salad that would be
appreciated. (People will have to help man the BBQ so we don't have
to hire anyone to do this.)

Drink: We plan on purchasing soda's or other non-alcoholic drinks as
the official park rule don't allow alcohol. So it is on everyone to
bring other things if you want them.

Adam Safir

Aug 7, 2007, 12:26:29 PM8/7/07
to AHS class of 1987 reunion for 2007
A have received a couple of requests to not collect any money for the
picnic, and instead just have everyone bring their own food/drink.
What does everyone think? If we go this route I can still pick up
charcoal so you can BBQ, but you can just bring whatever you want to
put on the grill. Comments please.