Welcome to the AHRI ACT Young Professionals 'googlegroup' Workspace

Sarah Q

Jan 20, 2010, 4:06:30 PM1/20/10
to AHRI ACT Young Professionals Group, karl.d...@finance.gov.au
Good morning all

Thank you for expressing your interest in joining the ACT Young
Professionals Group. I have created this googlegroup for members to
use as a workspace to discuss ideas amongst each other. The mail
address for the group is: ahri-act-young-professionals-
gr...@googlegroups.com (this address sends mail to all members of the
group) and the webpage address is: http://groups.google.com/group/ahri-act-young-professionals-group
(you can view group activity via this link).

The googlegroup will serve the following functions for us:

1. “Discussion Section”: Various topics will be discussed in this
section. All new topic discussion threads will be recorded on the
page and delivered to your email. There are two ways to participate in
discussion: A. In our Google group after logging on. B. Reply to the
topic notification email directly(you even can add additional
attachment).
2. “Pages Section”: Meeting minutes will be documented in this
section.
3. “Files Section”: Members can upload and share documents in this
section.
4. “Members”: After activating your account, you can update your
“profile” with your mobile number. All members’ contact information
will be displayed in this section. If you wish not to disclose your
personal details that is fine.
5. Group email address ahri-act-young-professionals-
gr...@googlegroups.com : Email sent to this address will be delivered
to all members automatically.

You may feel that you would like to introduce yourself using the group
and tell everyone else a little bit about yourself and your
experiences with HR at this point in your career and what you might
like to get out of being an AHRI Young Professionals member (I have
restricted access to only members, so other people will not see the
information online). Or you may wish to wait until our first event to
introduce yourself to the other members in person. It is totally up to
you.

Please do not hesitate in uploading any interesting articles or other
documents relating to HR that other members might find useful. Or any
other ideas you may have for the group do not hesitate to share with
everyone else.

I will shortly announce the date, time and location of our first event
- but I can let you know that we have confirmed 3 very special guest
speakers with a vast degree of experience in the HR arena to present
to us.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Warm Regards,

Sarah Queenan