Updates from your Orange County Clerk of Courts

1 view

Avalon Home & Property Owners

Jan 13, 2021, 8:10:26 AM1/13/21
to Google-Email AHPOA

Stay home, stay safe & stay connected with our online resources and events.
Stay home, stay safe & stay connected with our online resources and events.

January 2021

I am so honored to have the opportunity to continue serving you and the great citizens of Orange County.

On January 5th at 9 a.m., I was joined by my supportive family as I once again took the Oath of Office for my second term as your Clerk of Courts. As you might recall, I was re-elected after running unopposed during this past year’s primary election.

The ceremony was a joint oath of office with four other Constitutional Officers, Property Appraiser Amy Mercado; Comptroller Phil Diamond; Tax Collector Scott Randolph, and Supervisor of Elections Bill Cowles. It was held outside at the Orange County Administration Building.

If you missed it, click below to view the ceremony.
Orange County Oath of Office
Ensuring Access to Critical Services for Orange County

The Florida Clerks of Court including my Orange County offices, provide necessary services that have a positive impact on our communities. From processing injunctions that protect vulnerable populations to ensuring timely access to records, we are at your service.

However, the way these services are funded – by fines, fees, and court costs – is inadequate. The current system doesn’t account for other duties that don’t generate revenue. Today, with declining budgets, increasing workloads, and no ability to carry reserves – the system just doesn’t work. When our revenues decrease – like it has during COVID-19 – YOUR public services suffer.

Many Clerks of Court have been forced to reduce office hours and cut staff, leading to delays in critical services. In Orange County, I had to seek emergency funding from the county to keep from closing offices and furloughing or laying off employees last year.

The good news is that together with your support, we can fix the issue.

The Florida Clerks of Court and Comptrollers are rallying behind the At Your Service priorities to begin the process of fixing the system. This year, we are seeking to work with the Legislature on a few key solutions:
I urge you to support us and the At Your Service Legislative Priorities to ensure we continue to offer access to critical services for you and all Floridians. To learn more, please visit the At Your Service website
County Court Appeals Changes
The beginning of the year brings about some legislative changes, and I want to keep you updated on one that is impacting appeals.

As of January 1, 2021, all County Court decisions in criminal cases and most decisions in civil cases will be appealed to the District Courts of Appeal. Circuit Courts will retain appellate jurisdiction for certain types of cases. Find out more details and resources at KnowYourCourt.org
January's Star Performer
Congratulations to Varisa Rymes, our Star Performer for the month of January. Varisa is a Deputy Clerk Sr. in our Apopka/Ocoee Branch. Teammates say she goes above and beyond.

“Varisa is a valued employee as well as an asset in the Apopka/Ocoee Division. She has a lot of knowledge in many areas and provides excellent customer service to customers as well as employees within our organization. She is always encouraging and patient with others, and her great work ethic is an example for others to follow.”
Upcoming Holidays and Office Closures

Martin Luther King Jr. Day
January 18th

I hope this helps you plan.

You can view my office's holiday schedule and follow our social media channels to get the latest information.

Stay Home, Stay Safe, Stay Connected!

To get help from my office, you don’t have to call and wait on the phone. Many of our services are available online using my website's resources. You can search records, submit an eMarriage License Application, schedule marriage license, and passport appointments, make payments, and much more. Remember, you can also make payments at Amscot and Western Union.

We are experiencing very high call wait times, so before calling or visiting our offices, contact my staff online to see if your questions can be answered. Simply go to our Contact Us page to submit a question or request.
Survey - Thumbs Up icon
Tell Us How We're Doing
If you have recently conducted business with the Clerk’s Office, I’d like to hear from you. Customer service is at the core of what we do for the citizens of Orange County.
Please take a moment to let us know what we did well as well as where we still have opportunities to improve.
Give Feedback

Tiffany Moore Russell
Orange County Clerk of Courts
Twitter Facebook Instagram LinkedIn YouTube
Share this email:
Email Twitter Facebook
Manage your preferences | Opt out using TrueRemove
View this email online.
425 North Orange Avenue Suite 2110
Orlando, FL | 32801 US
This email was sent to ahp...@yahoo.com.
To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book.