Mayor Demings' Digest | January 2021

Avalon Home & Property Owners

Jan 9, 2021, 7:55:46 AM1/9/21
to Google-Email AHPOA

MAYOR DEMINGS' DIGEST

Happy New Year!
The New Year brings renewed hope and enthusiasm, as we look to overcome the impacts of the global pandemic on our families and community. However, we must remain focused on stopping the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Continuing to adhere to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control guidelines and investments in widespread vaccinations against the virus will ensure our success. If you are like me, I relish the day that we will not have to wear facial coverings or have to be concerned about social distancing.
So let us stay the course. There is no doubt in my mind we are up to the challenge and will continue to make our community the very best place to live, work and raise a family. Regardless of the challenges we may face this year, we will be Safer, Stronger, Together!
I remain optimistic that our economy will flourish and tourism numbers will improve significantly in 2021. We will be working with public and private sector partners to diversify our economy with higher wage jobs and a greater return on our financial investments. Remember, the path forward is much brighter than the dark days of our past!
My wish is that 2021 brings abundant joy, good health and happiness to all of us!
Sincerely,
ORANGE COUNTY BEGINS VACCINE EFFORTS
COVID 19 Vaccinations
Vaccine efforts in Orange County are underway. The Florida Department of Health in Orange County,under the direction of the state of Florida, is rolling out a phased approach to provide available vaccines to qualifying individuals.

Learn more about Orange County recently receiving 19,500 doses of the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine:
Orange County Government Receives Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccines and Moderna COVID-19 Vaccines
TAKE OUR PUBLIC SAFETY SURVEY
Citizens Safety Task Force asks you to take a short survey about gun violence in your community
Orange County Government is asking residents for ideas and solutions on how to prevent violent crime. The online survey is simple to complete, consists of 14 questions, and is available in English, Spanish and Creole.

RAPID TESTING EXTENDED
Orange County Government’s Health Services Department has extended its free COVID-19 testing at Barnett Park through January 30, 2021. The testing site will continue to operate 7 days per week.

Please get in line early, as the line at the entrance to the site has consistently been closing earlier due to max capacity and long wait times.
For more information, visit ocfl.net/Testing and click on #1 on the testing map.
Free Drive-Thru Covid-19 Rapid Testing site
EVICTION DIVERSION DEADLINE EXTENDED
The COVID-19 Eviction Diversion Program deadline has been extended through January 29, 2021. The County will keep the online application portal open until funds are depleted. More than 2,800 Orange County residents and families have been able to take advantage of this program to avoid eviction.
Visit ocfl.net/EvictionDiversion for a full list of eligibility criteria and required documents.
ORANGE COUNTY GOVERNMENT AT WORK
IN THE NEWS
Person receiving a vaccine
Three commissioners standing for a photo wearing masks
Person putting toys into a car
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
Vision 2050 is a new comprehensive plan for smart, thriving and healthy growth in our region. Help guide your community’s growth! If you live in the core area, east, rural east or southwest Orange County, join us for an upcoming Vision 2050 virtual town hall in January.

Upcoming Town Hall Meetings
  • Core Market Area: Mon., Jan. 11, 2021 at 6 p.m. Register

  • East Market Area: Wed., Jan. 13, 2021 at 6 p.m. Register

  • Rural East Market Area: Thur., Jan. 14, 2021 at 6 p.m. Register

  • Southwest Market Area: Wed., Jan. 20, 2021 at 6 p.m. Register
For questions about the virtual town hall meetings or registration process, please contact Planning Division staff at 407-836-5600 or via email at plan...@ocfl.net.
COMMUNITY CONNECTIONS
Learn about upcoming Martin Luther King, Jr. Day events at ocfl.net/MLK as well as events during Celebrate Literacy Week (the week of January 25).
SOCIAL MEDIA HIGHLIGHTS
FACEBOOK
Check out these social media highlights, connect with Orange County Government and follow Mayor Demings on Facebook and Twitter.
TWITTER
VIDEO
INSTAGRAM
Innovation. Collaboration. Inclusion.

Orange County Government | 201 S. Rosalind Avenue, Orlando, FL 32801
Unsubscribe kshe...@brighthouse.com
Update Profile | About our service provider
Sent by ma...@ocfl.net