Fwd: URGENT- Final day to submit your name if your Colombian visa was denied or pending

Felix Abrahams Obi

Oct 11, 2022, 1:58:35 AM10/11/22
to ahpe...@googlegroups.com

Dear HSG Africa Regional Members,

I trust this email meets you well and once again we apologize for all the visa challenges our members have faced recently. The HSG Board and Secretariat in collaboration with the local organizing committee (LOC) led by the Pontificia Universidad have been engaging with the Colombian Ministry and the respective Embassies/Consulates to resolve the issues and ensure that members are able to travel to Bogota for the symposium.

The LOC is planning to send a final, updated list to the Ministry TODAY (Tuesday, October 11, 2022), which will include cases that have been unfairly and erroneously denied to HSR2022 speakers, presenters, delegates, or those cases which are incomplete/pending in hopes of getting a response as soon as possible.

We are updating the list of visa denials and I would request any HSG Africa Regional member or delegate to HSR2022 (and others who may not be on this platform) whose visa is pending or was denied to get in touch with us ASAP as the LOC plans to send out the updated and final list to the Colombian Ministry of Affairs TODAY.

Kindly cc the following members of the LOC in the email:
1. camila....@berkeley.edu
2. epen...@javeriana.edu.co
3. RAMIREZ...@javeriana.edu.co

Let us keep our hopes high and not be discouraged or lose momentum as we plan towards having a good outing in Bogota.

We shall keep you all updated and many thanks for your patience and continued understanding as we work towards resolving the visa issues.

Best,
Felix C.A. Obi
for: HSG Africa Regional Network