Dear AfHEA Colleagues,
Recall that the International Health Economics Association (iHEA)
had announced the call for abstracts for the 15th World Congress on Health Economics in Cape Town, in July 2023,
which has the theme of "Diversity in Health Economics".
IHEA Congresses are well established as the forum to engage around the latest research findings in health economics from around the world, the implications of this research for health policy and practice, and new methodological developments in the discipline.
Abstract submissions (individual or organized sessions) have been open for a while and will close on November 29th, 2022
Individual Abstracts should be a maximum of 500 words and should focus on research that is yet to be published.
- A brief background on current knowledge on the research issue and a clear statement on the contribution of the research or research gap that is being filled;
- A clear research question or aim;
- Details of the methods used (methodological approach, data sources, analytic techniques);
- Key results, even if only preliminary; and
- Conclusions and implications for policy and practice based on the data and analyses.
Organized sessions should take the form of an integrated set of 3-4 presentations; the inclusion of one or more formal discussants is encouraged. Proposals for organized sessions should include a description of the session (maximum of 750 words), including how participant discussion will be promoted, as well as a 500-word abstract for each paper that will be presented.
For any inquiries about the submission process please contact eve...@healtheconomics.org
You may submit a maximum of two abstracts where you would be the presenter. So, you could submit a maximum of:
- two individual abstracts;
- one individual abstract and one as part of an organized session; or
- presentations as part of two organized sessions
Here is the link for those who are interested in participating in the congress: https://healtheconomics.org/congress/
Felix Abrahams C. Obi, BSc, MSc, MHPM
Health Systems Policy & Financing Expert