Upcoming IHEA Webinar on 28 September: Where Is Gender In Health Economics?

Diane McIntyre

Sep 21, 2022, 12:28:07 PM9/21/22
to ahpe...@googlegroups.com

This webinar may be of interest to many on the group – there will be simultaneous English and French translation.  Would be great to see African health economists participating in these critical discussions on gender in health economics!

In this webinar we argue that gender equity has been relatively neglected in the field of health economics. This neglect has been to the detriment of building theory, research and health policy and programme implementation. We will illustrate our argument through specific application of gender analysis in selected areas of health economics including health financing, economic evaluation and access to health care. Through this webinar, we hope to stimulate and advance further thought, discussion and inquiry as well as encourage research and build the evidence across diverse settings on the topic of gender equity and health economics towards advancing gender equality and equity.

Presenters:

  • Veloshnee Govender (Sexual and Reproductive Health and Research, World Health Organization)
  • Rajalakshmi RamPrakash (Ramalingaswami Centre on Equity and Social Determinants of Health; Public Health Foundation of India)
  • Michelle Remme (The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria)
  • Lavanya Vijayasingham (London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine)

Date: September 28, 2022 at 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM EDT
; Noon – 1:00 PM GMT; 1:00 – 2:00 PM UK; 2:00 – 3:00 PM Europe & Southern Africa; 3:00 – 4:00 PM East Africa

Where: VoiceBoxer

Please Note: Webinar delivery in English and French is supported through funding from the IDRC.

Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This email is subject to UCT policies and email disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/main/email-disclaimer or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this email is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via https://csirt.uct.ac.za/page/report-an-incident.php.