Fwd: Invitation to 2023 Africa Evidence Summit (June 19-20)

Felix Abrahams Obi

Mar 22, 2023, 12:51:36 AM3/22/23
to ahpe...@googlegroups.com
FYI- AfHEA members,

Kindly find below, a call for the 2023 Africa Evidence Summit to be held later in June in Nairobi Kenya,

Best,

Felix
---------- ---------
From: CEGA Events <ce...@berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 4:11 PM
Subject: Invitation to 2023 Africa Evidence Summit (June 19-20)

On June 19-20th, CEGA will hold its 11th annual summit in Nairobi, Kenya.
View this email in your browser

Please join us for our
2023 Africa Evidence Summit

June 19-20th
Nairobi, Kenya

Register now to attend in-person

The Center for Effective Global Action (CEGA) cordially invites you to its Africa Evidence Summit in Nairobi, Kenya on June 19-20, 2023. We are delighted to partner with the Network of Impact Evaluation Researchers in Africa (NIERA) and the African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) to host this event.

The summit is an annual gathering that brings together East and West African scholars, U.S.-based faculty, policymakers, and practitioners to discuss the latest research findings on economic development and poverty alleviation on the continent. The summit also promotes discussion on new ways to integrate evidence into decision-making and elevate African scholars' voices.

This is an in-person event in Nairobi, Kenya. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor travel funding at this time. We encourage interested faculty, students, practitioners, researchers, and policymakers to join us. Stay tuned for a forthcoming agenda soon.

CONTACT

For program and partnerships: Chelsea Downs | Project Manager, Global Networks
For logistics and travel: Eeman Abbasi | Senior Associate, Events & Communications

About Global Networks

Investing in local research talent can catalyze evidence-driven policy change around the world.

CEGA’s Global Networks program invests in LMIC scholars to become knowledge-generators in their home countries and regions. Through semester-long fellowships at UC Berkeley, scholars audit development economics courses, present their work at seminars, apply to competitive funding opportunities, receive faculty and peer mentorship, and network with faculty and students across the CEGA network. In addition, the Global Networks team organizes conferences to disseminate locally-generated research, connects fellows with policy makers and other partners, and hosts events for LMIC scholars to deliver and receive feedback on working papers. Global Networks also offers opportunities for LMIC scholars to engage remotely, including the CEGA Global Workshop and the CEGA Non-Resident Fellowship.

About CEGA

Research. Inspire. Change.

The Center for Effective Global Action (CEGA) is a hub for research, training, and innovation headquartered at the University of California, Berkeley. We generate insights that leaders can use to improve policies, programs, and people’s lives. Our academic network includes more than 160 faculty, 65 scholars from low- and middle-income countries, and hundreds of graduate students–from across academic disciplines and across the globe–that produce rigorous evidence about what works to expand education, health, and economic opportunities for people living in poverty.

Twitter
LinkedIn
Facebook
YouTube
Medium
Copyright © 2023 Center for Effective Global Action, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
207 Giannini Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720

You can unsubscribe from this list or unsubscribe from all lists.