Newburgh

Bertie Davel

Apr 7, 2019, 6:48:26 PM4/7/19
to AHPC

Hi All,

Site update from Newburgh.

Roger Howison is the farmer at Parkhill farm and he is one of the most accommodating landowners towards paragliders that I have met.  He is also quite keen to take up paragliding himself. He did ask that if we intend to fly there that we contact him to check if it's ok.  His mobile number is O77 12862 SIX SEVEN TWO.

Roger is quite keen to maintain good relations with his neighbours and the farm to the south (see image, circled in red) is an equine Cross Country training site.  They train quite a number of youngsters and the owners of the site has in the past expressed concern that low flying paragliders might spook horses.  This should not be too much of an issue for experienced riders but there is a danger with the children.  Roger has asked that we please avoid scratching the top of the hill - the top red line is following the hilltop.  If you have to take off from the hill, keep this in mind please - the trees (green circle) normally works quite well.

I've marked the normal take-off field with a blue cross.  There are gates leading to these fields, please don't climb over the fence across from the parking.

This is not an XC site but two weeks ago Connor flew to Leven beach from here.  It's a great site to do ground handling practice and short hops in northerly.  It takes a similar wind as the Moorfoots.

Happy to answer questions if there are any!

Bertie

Newburgh.jpg