Grouse and stalking season.

Scott

Aug 11, 2020, 3:44:15 PM8/11/20
to AHPC
Tomorrow is the start of shooting season in the hills.

Many of the sites we use are Grouse moors.
I have a list of dates of shooting down here in Clova and downwind. I will post up if on any of these dates if it looks flyable.
Please try to avoid the shoots to keep relationships good.
The tell tale signs are lots of vehicles and folk walking in lines with flags and the banging of course.
This year has been a good one for grouse breeding so I would suspect many of the usual sites like

Fichell
Tirren
Pressendye
And others.

Of course no shooting on Sundays.

On a positive Ben Reid is free to fly again.

Stalking also will be underway. Not to so easy to spot but invariably on in wind faces or more likely corries.
A list of estates in our area with various information.
https://www.outdooraccess-scotland.scot/heading-scottish-hills-table-area-5-eastern-highlands
Again for Rottal I will put something up to avoid if it is likely to be a flyable day.

Messages will be put on WhatsApp

Any questions just call.