Tap O'Noth Gate Locked - Sites officer

Assigned to kieran....@gmail.com by me

Ian Smith

Apr 18, 2019, 4:53:19 AM4/18/19
to AHPC Googlegroup
I went to Tap yesterday, and found the first gate into the plantation on
the 4x4 track up the hill was locked.

Several years ago the Forestry Commission locked that gate, and we had
to go and see them to beg for a key. They gave us the key, but only
after we filled out a risk assessment and some other paperwork.

The gate remained locked for a year or so. Then a few years back (maybe
5?) they removed the lock.

Now they have locked it again, but it is a different lock from the last
time. So we don't have a key, and therefore cannot drive up the hill.

Could whoever is the sites officer now please dig out the old contact
information from the file, and contact the Forestry Commission to
request a copy of the key for the new lock.

The lock they've fitted has "Forestry Commission No5" stamped on it.

Cheers, Ian.

Kieran Campbell

Apr 19, 2019, 5:34:32 AM4/19/19
to AHPC
Hi Ian,

That sounds like a job for me. I'm abroad for the next few weeks so will make as best enquiries as I can before I'm back in Aberdeenshire next month.

Cheers,
Kieran

Irene Carson

Jul 10, 2019, 12:31:27 AM7/10/19
to Kieran Campbell, AHPC
Hi Keiran
Can you confirm the situation with respect to the locked gate at Tap please. Has that been resolved now.
Thanks
Irene Carson

Kieran Campbell

Jul 19, 2019, 8:29:20 AM7/19/19
to Irene Carson, AHPC
HI Irene,

Apologies for my late reply; this message somehow was automatically archived, so I've just chanced upon it while reviewing my communications with respect to the Tap access.

The application for access to Tap O' Noth is still under review with Forestry and Land Scotland. They queried if Historic Environment Scotland had been contacted and are keen that the club renews HES's awareness of the proposed access, informal as it may be. I called HES this morning and spoke with someone who claimed no awareness of our use of the hill. As requested, I've emailed a summary of our proposed access to HES, including quoting some of Bob's account of the historical club use of the hill, so that a team there can review it.

Regards,
Kieran

Kieran Campbell

Sep 8, 2019, 3:02:38 AM9/8/19
to AHPC
Hi All,

Vehicular access to Tap O' Noth through the Forestry and Land Scotland estate has been approved for the coming year - until 31 July 2020 - and a key issued to the club.

Bob Dunthorn has custody of the key, and we have notified FLS that his vehicle and Irene Carson's vehicle may be used to drive up the hill.

Regards,
Kieran

Tim Clarke

Sep 8, 2019, 11:09:38 AM9/8/19
to Kieran Campbell, AHPC
Hi Kieran,

Great news, thanks very much for sorting this out