Re: [AGRIP] Re: about saving a game

tony seth

Jun 30, 2013, 9:09:36 PM6/30/13
to agrip-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there Matt, yes, if you don't turn off all the helpers when you
save, then when you reload regardless of whether you have the helpers
on or off, when you load the saved game position, the game will give an
error and crash, returning you to the launcher. I can't remember the
syntax of the error now, but could generate it I think and maybe get
the console to record it to a log file.
Sorry I didn't respond sooner, was on vacation so to speak... take care...
Cheereo!

matatk

Jul 2, 2013, 9:58:48 AM7/2/13
to agrip-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that.  If you have a GitHub account and the form is accessible (hope so!) please could you file this as a new issue?  Here's the URL: https://github.com/matatk/agrip/issues/new

If you don't have an account, please let me know and I'll file it.

Cheers,

Matthew

tony seth

Jul 4, 2013, 1:18:04 AM7/4/13
to agrip-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt: I don't have an account, and haven't been near my computer for
a while. I did get the exact error message, and have confirmed that is
reproduceable.
First, start the launcher, and choose start audioquake.
Start playing in single player mode, and save your position when you're
not in danger of being attacked.
If you just save without turning off the esr, d5k and nav helper,
you'll get the message that your game is saved, and you could continue
playing or quit. The problem is though, when you start again, and
attempt to load your saved game from either the console or in gameplay,
here's the error you'll get.
---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
SZ_GetSpace: overflow without allowoverflow set (0)
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

I think this will happen in linux the same way that it does in windows,
and it will exit the game and return you to the launcher.
Workaround:
When you first want to save your game, turn off all three helpers, nav
helper, esr, and d5k, no particular order here, now save your progress
and quit.
Now when you restart the game, you could load your game from the
console, but you'll have to toggle the 3 helpers off and on as they may
act up a bit, so I usually go into the start map and turn off all the
helpers, load my game from there and then turn them all back on and
continue playing.
Sorry for the long-windedness of that, I hope it makes sence. Thanks
much... take good care, and I'll look into getting a github account
and using it.
Cheereo!