Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Rose Tirtalistyani

ungelesen,
02.03.2023, 03:16:2002.03.23
an EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Hi,

I am a graduate student interested in utilizing APEX for my research on the water quality of wetlands. Does APEX offer a simulation of nitrate concentration in wetland standing water?
I have begun using ArcAPEX for my catchment, in which water drains into a wetland, and I have obtained water quality results. But I believe they pertain more to nutrient loading into the wetland than water within the wetland (?).
Please kindly advise me whether APEX contains a wetland module.

Thank you very much!
Best,

Rose

Luca Doro

ungelesen,
02.03.2023, 05:23:3502.03.23
an EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Dear Rose,

In short, I can say that it is possible to simulate wetland using the APEX model, and it can give you information on nutrients' concentration in the standing water even if the model doesn't have an actual wetland model. In the past, I simulated a wetland using the reservoir feature of the model.
The nutrients going into the wetland will (or at least should) affect the concentration of nutrients in the water that stands within the wetland.

Looking forward to continuing this conversation.
Best,
Luca

Rose Tirtalistyani

ungelesen,
06.03.2023, 10:55:2906.03.23
an EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Hi Luca,

Thank you for the quick response.
Yeah, I have read that article (it's what motivates us!).

Our research was also conducted in the Des Moines Lobe, where we observed the water quality and ponding dynamics in several wetlands (we called them potholes).
Because most of these wetlands are in close proximity within a very small watershed, I decided to use ArcAPEX to determine the water flow path and make each wetland and watershed unique.
But, I seemingly overlook how to create a reservoir in ArcAPEX. Could you possibly help me with this?
Or do you have an example model with a reservoir that I could study?

I'm very eager to speak about this study. We could set up a zoom meeting to talk if you're available.

Thank you very much!

Best,

Rose

Luca Doro

ungelesen,
07.03.2023, 03:24:0507.03.23
an EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Dear Rose,
the file included the subarea file (filename.SUB) used by the APEX model. It might help you understand the information needed to create a reservoir in a subarea. You can also look at the APEX user manual (available at this link along with other useful documentation:  Manuals and Publications | EPIC & APEX Models (tamu.edu)).
The ArcAPEX user manual should give you information on how to set up the reservoir using the ArcAPEX user interface.

In the future, we can schedule a meeting to discuss this activity. Let me know if you need more information.
Best,
Luca

subexp4.sub
Allen antworten