Tool to read APEX output in R

Carlos Alberto Arnillas

Mar 8, 2023, 2:19:01 PM3/8/23
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Hello everyone
I have been working on an R tool to read APEX output files. The challenging part was that not all output files have the same format, neither they contain always the same variables. So, the code is not optimized to be fast, but to allow reading very different formats. It also provides some functionality to distinguish the different units related to similar variables.
It may be useful if you are running APEX from console, or using R to run APEX.
You can find the codes here:

Just in case, not all output files are supported right now.
If you try to use it, and it is not working for any reason, let me know.
Best,

Carlos Alberto

Jaehak

Apr 6, 2023, 10:20:58 AM4/6/23
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Thanks for sharing. This is great and can benefit APEX users. If interested, adding RCH and ACY would make it even more helpful.

Carlos Alberto Arnillas

Apr 6, 2023, 11:08:08 AM4/6/23
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Hello
Absolutely..!
So, far the tool recognizes the following formats:
.SAO
.SAD
.ACY
.DHY
.DGN
.MSA
.SWN
.DWS
.ASA
.AWP
.DCN
.ACN
.AWS
.MWS
.MGZ
.RCH
These are the ones that we are using more actively

Other formats that the code should recognize (but that have not been tested as much) are:
.SUB
APEXBUF.OUT
.SUS
.SWT
.MSW
.DWS
.ACO
.DUX
.SCX

Certainly, more testing is needed.
So, for whoever is interested in using it, always double check a few cases to be sure that the APEX output files match the values you get in R.
If you have questions or concerns, or something doesn't work, let me know!

Carlos Alberto