algorithm to codify water routing

Carlos Alberto Arnillas

Jul 24, 2021, 4:59:56 PM7/24/21
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Dear Luca
I am having many issues with ArcAPEX, so I am trying to get similar functionality using R. So far, I managed to generate codes that estimate all the variables in the *.SUB input file.
However, I am having problems with the routing algorithm. It seems that I need to put the subareas of each subwatershed in a different file, and sort them in a very particular way. Is the algorithm documented somewhere?
Thanks in advance,

Carlos Alberto

Luca

Jul 26, 2021, 9:32:08 AM7/26/21
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Dear Carlos,
You can find information on how the subareas must be connected to each other in the APEX1501 user manual. At the beginning of the chapter on the subarea, you will find some information that might be useful. When it comes to define which subarea must be an extreme subarea and which one must be a downstream subarea, that part is done by the ArcAPEX interface and I do not have access to the code.

Let me know if I can do something else for you.
Best,
Luca