Sensitivity Index Values

Javier Fernando Mendez Monroy

Aug 23, 2021, 9:20:01 AM8/23/21
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Hello everyone.

I am performing sensitivity analysis using Sobol and Morris Method. Is there a threshold that I can use to state which parameters are sensitive?. I have been used the parameters with the highest values for calibration-validation process, but I am wondering if there is a reference value I can use.

Thanks for all your help

Javier Fernando Mendez Monroy

Nov 23, 2021, 11:53:34 AM11/23/21
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Hello APEX/EPIC community.

I am still checking the Sobel and Morris Index that can be obtained from APEX CUTE. Any suggestion about how to do a good interpretation of these results.

Thanks

Jaehak

Dec 8, 2021, 2:37:34 PM12/8/21
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
The first order sensitivity index is equivalent to local sensitivity and the total sensitivity index is equivalent to global sensitivity. Estimated SI values are relative, so there is no threshold or minimum value per say to determine parameter sensitivity. In practice, you rank the evaluated parameters by SI values from the largest to the smallest and make a judgement on grouping sensitive parameters where you find a significant break in SI values among the ranked parameters.

Javier Fernando Mendez Monroy

Dec 8, 2021, 5:38:46 PM12/8/21
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Thank you so much Dr Jaehak for your answer.

Is there any documentation that you would recommend to me about this topic?

Once again thanks for your help.

Jaehak

Dec 9, 2021, 9:54:10 AM12/9/21
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
I only offer practical instructions in the APEX-CUTE user manual regarding SA components, though it will be useful to you. There are tons of articles on parameter sensitivity analysis. This article for example provides a good description of the Sobol method:   Sobol Sensitivity Analysis: A Tool to Guide the Development and Evaluation of Systems Pharmacology Models (nih.gov)

Javier Fernando Mendez Monroy

Dec 16, 2021, 11:21:33 PM12/16/21
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Thank you so much Dr. Jaehak.