New to EPIC

Munazah Maheen

Dec 23, 2022, 4:11:06 AM12/23/22
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Dear Luca,
I am a Research Scholar and I choose EPIC crop model for my research. The main objective is climate change impact on Apple (crop yield).  Please advise me if there is a way I can use the EPIC model to accomplish the same thing.

Luca Doro

Dec 23, 2022, 4:14:14 AM12/23/22
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Yes, the EPIC model can be used for research on impact of climate change on various aspect of agricultural activity and crop production including yield.
The basic steps required are: 1) calibration of the EPIC model using current observed weather data; 2) obtain weather data simulating the possible climate change you want to simulate; 3) use the climate change data to run the model and analyze the results to understand the possible impacts of the new climate.

Best,
Luca