multiple crops

Claire Baffaut

Jun 24, 2021, 10:40:59 AMJun 24
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum

I am trying to simulate multiple harvests in one year. However, the ACY output accumulates the two crop yields into one number. What output should we look at to get each separate yields for each harvest? Thanks. Claire.

Luca

Jun 25, 2021, 10:55:40 AMJun 25
to EPIC / APEX Modeling Forum
Hello Claire,

If I remember correctly, you are using APEX. In this case, the daily yield is not reported in the daily subarea file (SAD) but what you can try is to use the SAO output file in combination with IPD (in the control table / APEXCONT.DAT) set to 6. This will generate the SAO file at the daily timescale, with the column "TIME" indicating the day of the year. From what I see comparing the data in the SAO and OUT file, the yield in the SAO is cumulative. In the OUT file you can get the daily yield printing the daily operations.

Let me know if this works for you or if you need more information.
Best,
Luca