This Saturday, 11/5,m7pm Kristi Maxwell and Stephanie Balzer

Agitprop Reading Series

Nov 3, 2011, 11:39:30 AM11/3/11
to agitpro...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends,

We hope you can join us for November's Agitprop Reading & Performance Series event this Saturday, November 5, at 7pm. This month, we are lucky to have two poets hailing from Arizona: Kristi Maxwell and Stephanie Balzer.

Kristi Maxwell is the author of Realm Sixty-four (Ahsahta Press, 2008), Elsewhere & Wise (Dancing Girl Press, 2008), and Hush Sessions (Saturnalia Books, 2009). Her third full-length book, Re-, will be published by Ahsahta in Sept. 2011. In 2010, she completed work toward a Ph.D. in English & Comparative Lit at the University of Cincinnati, where she also completed a graduate certificate in Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. She teaches at the University of Arizona and the Poetry Center in Tucson.

Stephanie Balzer is the author of Revenant (Kore Press) and faster, faster (Cue Editions) and a former executive director of VOICES Community Stories Past and Present, Inc., a Tucson nonprofit that empowers youth to share their personal stories through professional media outlets. She holds a master’s degree in creative writing from The University of Arizona and is the 2009 recipient of the Mary Ann Campau Memorial Fellowship through The University of Arizona Poetry Center, which honors talented writers who strengthen and inspire our literary landscape. Her poems have appeared in Chelsea, MidAmerican Review, and CUE.

Agitprop readings are free, but wine and donations to the gallery are always welcome.

We hope to see you there and for festivities before and after.

For more information about the Agitprop Reading Series and Agitprop Art Space, visit our webpage or join our Facebook group.

Agitprop Gallery
Saturday, November 5, 7pm
2837 University Avenue in North Park (Entrance on Utah, behind Glenn's Market) Google Map
San Diego, CA 92104
619.384.7989